3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New Sponsor - Black Swan Archery  (Read 1130 times)

Offline SteveB

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Sponsor - Black Swan Archery
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2009, 07:30:00 AM »
TTT

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2009, 12:17:00 PM »
I'm not familiar with that record either Vermonster.  Were they actual nocked arrows, or ones without nocks, like some trick shooters used to do.  If they are nocked arrows, I will be impressed even moreso.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2009, 03:31:00 PM »
They were nocked arrows shot one at a time. Aluminum 2016s with 5" feathers and field tips.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2009, 05:19:00 PM »
Well, that would indeed impress me 8^).

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2009, 12:15:00 PM »
Were those the arrows Arvid was shooting, the arrows he was shooting at, or both?

Chad

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2009, 02:02:00 PM »
I haven't had any luck at all finding anything on-line.

To save a bunch of back-and-forth, I'll just give what I heard about the feat and someone can confirm or refute it--if anyone has a site that gives any info. that would be nice.

Like I said earlier, shooting for 24 hours straight is an amazing feat in and of itself.

I was told the target butt was stacked with arrows, and Arvid shot among them--not a shooting one arrow at one arrow kind of deal.  I have no way to verify or refute this, and every time it comes up I get really curious.

Can someone set the record straight?  If that was the way it was done, fine.  It's not as impressive as shooting one arrow at one arrow, but honestly it is a lot more believeable.

If that wasn't the case, just how was it set up?  It's not like I have any aspirations of breaking the record--I'm not going to stay up 24 hours straight, much less shooting a bow that long, and I can't afford to destroy that many shafts if I could do it.  I would just like to hear the rest of the story.

Chad

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2009, 02:28:00 PM »
It was one arrow shot at one arrow both with nocks. 2016s used. With fingers. It was witnessed by a couple of magazine writers, some friends and an official from the NAA per Guinness guidelines. You can read about it as told earlier in the thread in the Archer's Bible 4th Edition.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2009, 02:48:00 PM »
Ok clarification. He would take 36 shots into 1 bale then 36 shots into a bale behind him while the arrows in the first bale were removed. If an arrow was missed on the first shot it would be attempted 2-3 more times. The next target arrow would be shot about 4 inches away from the first and tried again. The first arrow shot was the target arrow each time and the one that counted. It took approximately 9000 shots in the 24 hours to get 347 robinhoods. 60 dozen 2016s were used for the record. He couldn't shoot again for a couple of months afterwards and had severe blood blisters on his fingers.

Now who wants to buy a Black Swan?    :)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2009, 02:49:00 PM »
I couldn't find a copy of the AB 4th edition on line, and the book itself was listed as "out of stock" or "unavailable".

I'll keep looking--maybe someone has a copy.  I don't like going on "he said, she said".

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2009, 02:55:00 PM »
Man alive--if I did my math right, that averages to be 1 arrow shot every 10 seconds (actually a tad less) for 24 hours straight.  Like I said, that is a feat in and of itself.  

I'm going to keep looking for that book--I need to read up on that.

Offline J. Adams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2009, 02:58:00 PM »
I just need a Black Swan!  They look like great bows David.
TGMM Family of the Bow

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2009, 03:05:00 PM »
It was filmed in part and a lot of the made shots were second arrow into first arrow ones. Easier to focus on one arrow than to try to do one in a group hence the limiting the shots at each arrow. The most I know he has done in a row recently is 7 when he was filming the opening part of his website.
He is using his thumb tab there though.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©