3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Broadhead sheath for WW  (Read 360 times)

Offline adirondack46r

• Trad Bowhunter
Broadhead sheath for WW
« on: August 06, 2009, 03:04:00 PM »
I have seen them at 3Rivers, but do any of you have experience with the broadhead sheath? The solo stalker is the name I think. I am looking for 1 to try but seems a little wasteful to spend $15 (including shipping) for a little piece of leather to cover a broadhead when still hunting.

Or, do you have a better solution for carrying a single arrow when still hunting? (My arrows are in a quiver attached to my backpack. I don't use use a bow quiver.)

Thanks,
46r

Offline adirondack46r

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Broadhead sheath for WW
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 10:24:00 AM »
RW,

I got around to trying your solution. It works pretty good. Not very sexy but it's functional. I actually used a piece of PVC and a discarded foam insert from a selway quiver. Tied a leather boot string on the end to help pull it off quickly and wrapped the PVC in camo tape. Like I said, not the prettiest solution but it works.

Now, maybe one of the quiver manufacturers would see some value in selling something similar for those of us who are vain about the looks of our equipment...

Thanks for the suggestion.

46r

Offline adirondack46r

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 10:24:00 AM »
By the way, if anyone has a solostalker for a 3 blade that they want to get rid of, I would still be interested in trying one out.

PM me if you do. Thanks!

Offline BobW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 10:35:00 AM »
another option is Alaska Bowhunting Supply's single arrow quiver (they make a 3-blade model).  I have the 2-blade in a single & a double, and find it pretty nice.  I am not a bow quiver guy, so this is as far as I really like for a bow quiver....  everything else in in my Arrowmaster.

I also use the single hood in conjunction with a piggy-backer to carry a single arrow.  That works really nicely.

the 3-r 3-blade hood is a good option, just wait until you need to make a bigger order, and include it.

BobW
"A sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine"
>>---TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow--->
Member: Double-T Archery Club, Amherst, NY
St. Judes - $100k for 2010 - WE DID IT!!!!

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 10:42:00 AM »
I dont have one I want to get rid of but I do have the 3 blade sheath from 3 rivers that you are talking about.  It does work very well for the woodsman heads.  It is great for carrying an arrow while still hunting.
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline adirondack46r

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 10:50:00 AM »
BobW, I have gotten away from the bow quiver as well. I looked at the ABS quivers and they do look nice. I will probably wait until I need something else from 3R and pick up the solo stalker. Can't see paying the shipping for one small item.

Thx.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©