3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What do Members of Tradgang do?  (Read 8520 times)

Offline FlyinCedar

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What do Members of Tradgang do?
« Reply #420 on: September 07, 2009, 07:34:00 AM »
Ohio Army National Guard-- PTAE               (Pre-Mobilization Training Assitance Element)

Basically, we work full time to train units from Ohio that are deploying to Iraq and Afghanistan...my time came up, so I am currently deployed..for a short time longer
Matt 6:33-Seek the Kingdom of God, above all else, and live righteously, and He will give you everything that you need.

Offline myshootinstinks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #421 on: September 07, 2009, 08:39:00 AM »
Married the only girlfriend I ever had when she was 16 and I was 18, that was 35 years ago.
We have a daughter, 33, a son 30, and two grand-kids.
   Done all kinds of things over the years to get by. Carpenter, painter, various sales jobs. About 15 years ago I got a job as a mail carrier. For the past 10 years I've been a Postmaster in a small ranching community.
    It's been a good life, I'm grateful.

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #422 on: September 07, 2009, 10:13:00 AM »
Full time Dad 11yrs, part time YMCA CAmp cook, program instructor, maintanance worker. Substitute teacher, real estate agent, bartender/waiter and a bunch of other little bits to help keep the wolves away from the door.
Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back.

Offline Trad Toolmaker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #423 on: September 07, 2009, 11:23:00 AM »
Husband,Poppy,Toolmaker.  :archer:
Numbers 6 24-26

Offline lonniels

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #424 on: September 07, 2009, 11:39:00 AM »
working on certification as an arborist

Offline recurvist

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #425 on: September 07, 2009, 12:18:00 PM »
Firefighter ,Durant OK  :wavey:
" Aim small, ..Miss small " The Patriot.

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #426 on: September 07, 2009, 01:01:00 PM »
"Forest Geologist" for the Chugach National Forest in Southcentral Alaska.

Mostly review operating plans for mines, bond calculations, compliance, and mining law issues.

Also am finishing up getting certified as a Federal mineral examiner, oh boy MORE mining case law!

Offline pappabearsnuffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #427 on: September 07, 2009, 01:49:00 PM »
Father, husband, Christian, firefighter/paramedic
Genesis 27:3

Offline drags

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #428 on: September 07, 2009, 08:38:00 PM »
Team Leader for an automotive parts manufacturer for 18 yrs. We make A.C. compressors for most of the major auto makers.  Married 18 yrs. as well with 3 kids (15, 13,& 11). Youth hockey and softball coach. Football, basketball, & volleyball fan/spectator when the kids are playing.  Sometimes there's some free time here and there to fit in to shoot my bows and hunt.  But it's all good!  
  :thumbsup:

Offline LongbowBRO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #429 on: September 07, 2009, 08:39:00 PM »
Economist, researcher.

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #430 on: September 07, 2009, 08:47:00 PM »
Ordnance tech, thats what I do in my spare time! My full time job is my family, loving my wife and being a dad to my 13 year old son!   :thumbsup:   Jason

Offline Tocs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #431 on: September 07, 2009, 09:45:00 PM »
Partner in an Independant Insurance Agency.Many of you folks have really intersting professions!A really great mix of people here.

Offline Divinecedar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #432 on: September 07, 2009, 09:58:00 PM »
Full time student at Oklahoma State University, I specialize in infuriating liberal professors!

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #433 on: September 07, 2009, 10:01:00 PM »
I Make (grow) crystals. Diamonds , rubies, emeralds, saphires..etc shelbygemfactory.com
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #434 on: September 08, 2009, 12:54:00 AM »
Cody (Devinecedar),

You may be going to the wrong school. Like you, my daughter attends the "Cow College" there in Stillwater, and I am a graduate of the school. I can definitely say that the percentage of truly liberal professors there is low compared to many other universities. So, your specialization will be sorely lacking if you stay at OSU.

There used to be an nice archery range at OSU when I was in school there in the early 1970's. I was one of the few students who used in most days. That was back in the days when all bows were "traditional bows" and compounds were a thing of the future. The interesting part was that the archery range was in right across the street from my dorm and in between some of the buildings where student activities were taking place. Still, no one had a second thought about guys in their late teens walking around with recurve bows and arrows and shooting them within easy range of hundreds of people. You won't ever see that again on a major college campus.

Go Pokes! Sorry Georgia.    ;)  

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Divinecedar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #435 on: September 08, 2009, 08:46:00 AM »
Amar911, I am in the political science department, so I can assure you there is not!     :smileystooges:  

There is a pretty good berm where everyone practices on Hall of Fame/Western and last year I managed to get a bill passed by RHA Senate and signed by the administration that allows the storage of archery equipment in the residential halls. Things are looking up!

Offline Michael Arnette

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #436 on: September 08, 2009, 04:46:00 PM »
It isn't that they lie to you, it is just that they only teach you half of the truth.  If it is not the professor that is left of center it is the textbook. I think that could go for most "mind factories" colleges. Good luck and keep at it. Watch out for sociology if it one of your neccesary classes, I found it to be the worst: no science involved, it was all liberal nonreason with nothing to back it but clever words and evolutionary assumptions.

As Adolf Hitler said: "Let me control the textbooks and I will control the state."

P.S. Don't be to nasty to your professors, what they are spouting is the only thing they have been taught.

Offline Looper

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #437 on: December 04, 2011, 05:19:00 AM »
I'm self-employed, primarily doing residential remodeling. In my spare time, I'm a Pistol Instructor and make and sell all sorts of handmade items, from birdhouses to kitchen tables. In the past, I was a construction estimator, both residential and commercial(for 10 years); sold Timberline Estimating software; taught Construction Estimating classes; taught preschool; remodeled grocery stores; installed pool tables; ran a sand-pumping barge; repo'd cars; and, in my teens, was a wood-splitting, hay-loading fool.

Offline BowHunterGA

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #438 on: December 04, 2011, 09:35:00 AM »
Senior IT Consultant focused on delivering Microsoft identity and security solutions. ( I make sure the legit folks can do what they need to do and keep the bad folks out )

Offline GreenGrizz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #439 on: December 04, 2011, 09:59:00 AM »
Professional Nerd. (Radar signal processing and antennas for military and weather systems.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©