3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Storing Water Based Poly  (Read 194 times)

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
Storing Water Based Poly
« on: August 08, 2009, 10:38:00 AM »
What is the best way to store water based polyurathane?  I love the stuff for coating my arrow cresting, but it always rusts the lip of the lid in between uses.  It doesn't take much to coat arrows, so I end up wasting a lot of it when the container gets too bad to keep.  Can it be stored in plastic tupperware type containers?
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Storing Water Based Poly
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 12:59:00 PM »
My big Dipper has had water based poly in it for a couple of years and I used some not long ago and it worked fine. Keep it sealed in a air tight container and you should be OK.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline otis.drum

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 01:01:00 PM »
just any old glass jar with screw on lid
...otis...
_ _ _ _ __________________ _  _  _  _

Offline Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 01:15:00 PM »
Whip,   You can get the all plastic paint pales at a paint store...They are now making all plastic lids and paint containers just because of Latex type paints and finishs and even the rim of some...I have noticed on several containers of latex I purchace at our local paint supply store that some latex paints come this way now....I'm not sure if Lowe's have any...That's one drawback I dislike about Latex paint containers...In The mean time try to keep the lid as clean as possible and in a Temp. controlled room where it doesn't get to cold cause that stuff forms condisation...You can save a water bottle that is all plastic and store under a kitchen cabinet and mark what's in it and keep a lock on the cabinet doors if you have little skeater bugs crawling around..."skeater Bugs" = Kids...God Bless, Keefer's <")))><

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 01:19:00 PM »
That's kind of what I thought, but figured I would ask first before finding out the stuff reacts with plastic somehow and I ended up with a mess.  
I just stole a piece of the wife's tupperware - she has so much she'll never miss it!  ;)  
Shhhh!!!
Thanks!
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 07:52:00 PM »
Don't leave it in the frig...She might think it's that  1% milk and then you would be in a heap of trouble and then she'll ground you from your Elk Hunt...Taking the wife's tupperware without asking =  :mad:    :knothead:     :biglaugh:

Offline longstiks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 04:38:00 AM »
I've had a quart in a recycled peanut butter jar (plastic) for a couple of years now and it's still good  :) .
Denny

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2009, 05:49:00 AM »
i use the fairly new min-wax water based polyU, comes in a polyethylene bottle - no stink, no rust, no muss, no fuss.    :D

IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2009, 07:44:00 AM »
Whip,  There you go Rob saved your lower half now get that tupperware container back in the cabinet before she finds out you took it...Women are known to have a six sence you know...   :eek:

Offline onewhohasfun

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2009, 07:52:00 AM »
Put the lid on the can good and tight and store the can upside down.been doing that for yrs. and it works.
Tom

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2009, 08:28:00 AM »
Originally posted by Keefer:
Whip,  There you go Rob saved your lower half now get that tupperware container back in the cabinet before she finds out you took it...Women are known to have a six sence you know...    :eek:  
Oh, oh.  Too late  :knothead:  

Thanks for all the replys guys - I knew there had to be a better way...  :thumbsup:
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member

Offline Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2009, 08:40:00 AM »
:scared:   Hey everyone  I think I just heard Whip getting a  Whippin from his wife....Sounded like an Elk Bawl..Heard it all the way over here in Maryland...  :biglaugh:  Now I know where his handle "whip"came from...

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©