3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Two Finger Shooters Tab Question?  (Read 375 times)

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
Two Finger Shooters Tab Question?
« on: August 09, 2009, 01:54:00 PM »
I am shooting two fingers, one over and one under. I shoot with an inexpensive tab that I modified. Most of the better three finger tabs have stitching thru the third finger area so cutting them doesn't work.

My question is does anyone make a two finger tab?
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline Teacher_of_the_Arcane

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Two Finger Shooters Tab Question?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 02:28:00 PM »
Mr. 500,

I don't know anyone right off the top of my head, but I'd bet big bucks that several of our leather work sponsors could whoop one up for you.
Lobo Lohr -- Old School Hunter

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 02:41:00 PM »
good question- I have never seen one. I have shot two fingers for over 50 years.

I have found the best way to shoot a whole lot is to shoot two arrows and rove; and that way my fingers get a minutes rest between shots.
 Lately I practiced shooting 6 arrows with a friend for weeks- at a target face and pulling the arrows and shooting at another target.
 I painfully I wore out my 'under the arrow finger'; which takes the primary force from the string.

I have in the past dealt with this by taking a Damascus glove; I cut off the finger tips on them; and then slip in between the layers of leather cut and measured piece of the connective plastic from 6 packs of pop. (The stuff sea birds try to eat). Its just the right consistency and saves my finger from wear and tear.

I am not sure why I started shooting two fingers- I guess because I had to shoot my bow quick - before my brother killed me with his Roy Rogers pistols.

I have instructed kids on shooting bows; and not told them how many fingers to use and how to hold the string; and it almost takes on the appearance of instinct controlling them.
 Some will use three fingers; some two; some use their thumb and one kid even stared at his thumb like something was missing ( like a thumb ring).

If we could trace down the tribal origin of two finger shooters - maybe we could find out how they dealt with it  :)
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Offline ISP 5353

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 03:01:00 PM »
Bateman makes one!

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 03:21:00 PM »
Arcane, I need some of that arcane knowledge. Teach me where I might find this leather smith. Share this mysterious secret. You have been here a long time you must have a recommendation  :)

Hi Brian, Do you happen to have a picture of the finished glove? I think I know what you are doing with it but a picture would really help!!

I don't know if it's instinct or the fact that I have large hands and fat fingers but I shoot better with two fingers. It really helps with the shorter bows I like to hunt with. My bow shoulder doesn't allow me to shoot much over 54#s so my fingers are not stressed anyway. I was shooting a glove for a while but I don't feel I have the control that I do with my homemade two finger tab. I was just hoping that someone might be making one so I could up-grade.
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 03:45:00 PM »
ISP, Thank you I found the bateman site and they do have a two finger.

Thank you

Offline Smallwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 12:22:00 PM »
e.w. bateman makes them

Offline Teacher_of_the_Arcane

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 04:43:00 PM »
Mr. 500,

I see you found Mike (www.mikesarcheryleather.com)  

I just ordered an arrow holster from him, I figure he could make you a tab,

or Steve Catts at

http://www.hidehandler.com/

he makes a ton of stuff.
Lobo Lohr -- Old School Hunter

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2009, 05:16:00 PM »
Originally posted by Smallwood:
e.w. bateman makes them
They make 2 under and 2 finger split tabs.
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 10:30:00 PM »
Thank you all....

Ryan

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©