3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Des Moines Area  (Read 536 times)

Offline xia_emperor

• Trad Bowhunter
Des Moines Area
« on: March 30, 2007, 05:13:00 PM »
Looking for people to shoot with, I moved here from Reno, Nevada.

Thanks!
“instinctive archery” is more like playing the violin. Without practice you may remember the mechanics, but you will not be a virtuoso.

62" titan riser and samick master limbs 50@28

Offline Missouri Sherpa

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Des Moines Area
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 05:21:00 PM »
I live in Ankeny. I don't frequent any of the local shooting ranges but would be willing to visit with you. I shoot in my basement during the winter and in my yard when things warm up.

Offline xia_emperor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 05:27:00 PM »
I am shooting in my basement as well.
“instinctive archery” is more like playing the violin. Without practice you may remember the mechanics, but you will not be a virtuoso.

Offline xia_emperor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 05:28:00 PM »
right now, I've got turkeys on the brain, and working on being in shape for elk season.

Offline Jason Kendall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 05:41:00 PM »
Look up Tom Norris of Barefoot Traditions, he's got a great little shop with nothing but trad in DesMoines.

Offline xia_emperor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 05:48:00 PM »
Thanks for the info.

Offline Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 07:40:00 PM »
Barefoot Traditions has a pretty good indoor range, as well.  I shot there last year when I was up to Des Moines for a meeting.  I live in Mount Pleasant IA, SE corner.  It is about 2 hours southeast of Des Moines.  If you ever get down this way, I would like to shoot with you.  Big shoot in Ames Memorial weekend.

Offline bowmac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 09:06:00 PM »
I'm about an hour and a half Southeast of Des Moines. Our Club has a Traditional only shoot in July.
Wool the Natural Fiber

Offline weld777

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 11:33:00 PM »
hey from grundy center iowa here have to hook up some time and do some bowfish'n i'm itch'n to do some shoot'n lols
what we teach our children about the outdoors will always be with them if we don't they won't know!!!

Offline xia_emperor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 11:49:00 PM »
sounds great! I am very happy to see so many people, being so friendly.  :)  It make it easyer to be so far away from friends and family.

Offline xia_emperor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 11:52:00 PM »
I went to the Barefoot Traditions today and it was very nice, with great customer service. My wife and I felt like it was the Disney Land of Traditional archery. Never been to an all trad place before and we got to shoot many longbows.  :)

Offline Tom P

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2007, 11:55:00 AM »
I love going to Barefoot Traditions when I'm in town what a great place. Also don't forget about the Iowa Tradition Bowhunters Society shoot at the end of May, I've been going for the last five years and won't miss it this year.
Psalms 42:1 As the deer panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, Oh God.

Offline KELLEY40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2007, 03:43:00 PM »
I'm planning on going in May and to the shoot in ottumwa the first weekend in July.I'm East of Des Moines about 100 miles.
PM me if you ever get this way.
Ron.....Wellman.Ia

Offline PICKNGRIN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2007, 09:30:00 AM »
Check out the Iowa Traditional Bowhunter website.  They put on a great Traditional Shoot just up the road at Ames, Iowa.  It is a 2 day shoot coming up this Memorial Day weekend.  You won't be disappointed.

Offline Scott S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2007, 01:28:00 PM »
Iowa Traditional Bowhunter Society link:

http://www.iowatbs.com/  

BTW--Tom from Barefoot Traditions is always there with lots of bows to buy/try/sell/trade, along with several other vendors including Lamont Granger from The Footed Shaft.
"The fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth and upon every bird of the heavens, upon everything that creeps on the ground and all the fish of the sea. Into your hand they are delivered." Gen 9:2

Offline Morning Star

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2007, 03:53:00 PM »
Along with the ITBS, check out the Iowa Bowhunters page.  Many 3D shoots listed.  Our Fall Festival usually has a large amount of guys toting traditional equipement on the range and course.

Iowa Bowhunters Assn.
Iowa Bowhunters Association - Your voice in Iowa's bowhunting and deer hunting issues!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©