3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hunting Chairs ?  (Read 1546 times)

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
Hunting Chairs ?
« on: August 09, 2009, 10:14:00 PM »
Anybody use the chair from big jim's bow company?  Is Squirrel Bait still making chairs? I'm going to try it on the ground again this year maybe not exclusively but quite a bit and I'm looking for a good "comfortible" hunting chair! I have tryed several folding/tripod and found none to be good on the backside!! anybody got any ideas? Thanks for the help! Jason

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hunting Chairs ?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 11:57:00 PM »
"Huntmore" chairs are the best I've seen, I've got two of them...   :thumbsup:  

http://www.huntmore.biz/
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Cody Roiter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 12:37:00 AM »
I to am with Ron. Huntmore chairs are great.. I will be getting one I hope in a few weeks...
We as archer's must keep it alive by helping others into the sport WE LOVE.

Offline BigJim

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 06:12:00 AM »
Covey- I have a couple of the leaning chairs in stock. Half the price, 1/3 the weight and doubles as a pack frame and super comfortable. How can you beat it?

BigJim
http://www.bigjimsbowcompany.com/      
I just try to live my life in a way that would have made my father proud.

Offline doeboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 07:13:00 AM »
Check out the magnus rack pack.

Offline sweet old bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 07:30:00 AM »
A good looking chair that seems to be just right for hunting.

But I make up ground blinds prior to the season and use just the green plastic chair from Walmart $5.95, and I put a tag on it that says:

please feel to use. But do not move chair as I am a physically challenged hunter with my name and address on the chairs. I made the tags up on the computer and sealed with tape etc.

So far I have about 12 chairs out all over the state lands etc and in use now for over 15 years and only have had two taken and one broken by someone. If placed on soenone land I get permission prior to making a ground blind.

Bill
you should see how I use to shoot
Sand dune archers Myrtle beach SC
Senior archers of Oneonta NY

Offline thetroutguy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 01:20:00 PM »
I like the Double Bull Magnum Chair.  It is a tripod chair BUT it has a back and is big enough for my fat butt to be comfortable in all day.
***TGMM Family of the Bow***

Offline CaptJack

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 01:30:00 PM »
I have always liked my very simple, small fold up stool. I originally bought it for dove hunting but I use it in my pop-up blind and just about everwhere I hunt.

I bought it from Ballistic Products in MN
Partners TD / Quinn Stallion

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2009, 03:00:00 PM »
Just purchased a Double Bull Magnum at McAllister, OK shoot. Used the original DB for last three years. Wanted something a little bigger. Like the looks of the "Magnum" and the price was well within my budget.   :thumbsup:

Offline jcar315

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2009, 03:35:00 PM »
I have one of the Double bull chairs too. Really appreciate the back support. Nice chair and only $24!!
Proud Dad to two awesome Kids and a very passionate pig hunter.

Right handed but left eye dominant.

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM  Family of the Bow"

Offline djanko

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2009, 03:42:00 PM »
I agree with the last last two...the Double Bull Magnum is great.  I'm 6'3' 250, no problems.  I do most of my hunting from ground blinds.  I've love the huntmore, but I can't justify $200+ for a chair.

Offline Kevin Winkler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2009, 05:17:00 PM »
I used the Huntmore stool for turkey hunting this Spring and I loved it. I also have the DB magnum stool, but with my bum back and hip the Huntmore stool is much more comfortable.

I'm know that over the years I've spent more than $200.00 for all the others I've had. So I guess it depends on how you look at it. I was so impressed that I am now stocking them at my little archery shop that I run out of my home.
PBS Associate, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Life Member, WI Traditional Archers
Life Member, WI Bowhunters Association

Offline Ringneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2009, 07:47:00 PM »
I go through at least one cheap chair a season. They sure don't last very long....

Online mjh

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2009, 07:47:00 PM »
How is the huntmore chair for carring in a few miles and setting up with?  Weight, ease and noise of set up?  Yup 200 is alot and for all day use it may be a good buy but what about the 3hour or so evening hunt??  Where I hunt regularly its check the wind, walk in, check the wind pick a set up area and set up, changes every time I hunt the property rare to use the same place twice in a row.

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2009, 10:13:00 AM »
I think I'm gonna get one from Big Jim! I can't think of a situation that I won't be leaning against somthing, but I set in one at cloverdale with nothing to lean on and it set just fine and was very comfortable! and I like the idea of doubleing as a pack frame! plus it seemed to be built real sturdy! cool chair! Thanks guys, Jason

Offline WildmanSC

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2009, 10:39:00 AM »
I have a Double Bull chair and I recently purchased the Millenium M300 Tree Seat.  It is lightweight, very comfortable and has a good price point at $69.95 retail.  Below is a link to the Millenium:

http://www.ammoland.com/2009/02/18/the-millennium-m300-tree-seat/

Bill
TGMM Family of the Bow

-----------------------------------
Groves Flame Recurve 62", 45#@28"

Praise the Lord Jesus Christ, He is Worthy

Offline Bear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2009, 10:44:00 AM »
Those adjustable legs on the Huntmore are what got my attention. The 360 thing too. Here in the mountains adjustable legs are a must. When sitting on the side of the mountain you always need one or two legs longer than the others. Been trying to figure how to modify my chair to do that.

The huntmore looks just awesome. But I think it is overpriced.
Twin Oaks Bowhunters
PBS Associate Member
Traditional Bowhunters of Tennessee

"just remember, you can't put the wood back on"

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2009, 02:35:00 PM »
Man they shore e'nuff be expensive! The huntmore that is. Bought me one though cause I wanted a quiet seat with a back rest and adjustable legs and could rotate.. I like my DB magnum but this chair has more features. I had a problem with the backrest when I first got it. Scott took care of it right away. When I saw Scott at Compton's he said they made some upgrades. I had my chair with me and he upgraded it right there. Pretty good service. Guess you get what you pay for. Unfortunately, when I ordered it I thought it was made in the USA. Its not.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline GMMAT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2009, 02:56:00 PM »
I second the millennium.  I bought one earlier this year....camo painted it and left it outside for a month or so.

I added some GWW padded straps (didn't like the one that comes with it) and I can hardly feel it on my back.

I plan to take my first from the ground with it this fall.

Offline JohnHV

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2009, 04:51:00 PM »
Niff-T-Seat.  Not the most comfortable, but it is easy to carry in a pack, on your belt or tied to a shoulder strap. Sets up quickly with little to no sound (if done right!).  

Gonna make a few "Torges tree seats" this year as well, to leave in the woods.
John H.V.
Bent Arrow Forge, LLC
TBG, NGTA, TGMM
"our hearts have heard the low whistle of the flying arrow and the sweet hum of the bowstring singing..." S. Pope

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©