3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hunting Chairs ?  (Read 1544 times)

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hunting Chairs ?
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2009, 07:56:00 PM »
Originally posted by Ron LaClair:
"Huntmore" chairs are the best I've seen, I've got two of them...    :thumbsup:    

http://www.huntmore.biz/  
I just looked at these at the GLLI and they are very nice.  The height adjustment would be nice.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2009, 07:58:00 PM »
Originally posted by thetroutguy:
I like the Double Bull Magnum Chair.  It is a tripod chair BUT it has a back and is big enough for my fat butt to be comfortable in all day.
This is what I hunt with now when on the ground.  It is the best I have tried for the price.  Light, but strong.
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2009, 08:01:00 PM »
I also have a Summit Trophy chair that straps on trees.  It works well when you have a blind around a tree.  It is nice because the tree base doesn't mess with your chair legs and you can set the height you want.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_9564_425003000_425000000_425003000_425-3-0

Offline Tomas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2009, 08:22:00 PM »
Does anyone know what the warrenty is for the Huntmore?

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2009, 10:00:00 PM »
I think it was life time on the frame system or something like that.  Maybe it was the hub.  It is very well made.  I don't see where you would wear out anything but the seat material.

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2009, 10:13:00 PM »
I bought
Ohio Society of Traditional Archers #830

Tracey "TREE" Trickett 2 Pricly curves 3pc & pricly ash longbow won @ Great Ohio Rabbit Hunt

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2009, 10:14:00 PM »
I bought a huntmore chair and I love it. Comfortable, ajustable, travel friendly.
Ohio Society of Traditional Archers #830

Tracey "TREE" Trickett 2 Pricly curves 3pc & pricly ash longbow won @ Great Ohio Rabbit Hunt

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2009, 07:27:00 AM »
Do those Millenium M300 Tree Seats just sit on the ground?  They look comfortable but seems like they would be too low?  Please explain.  Thanks...Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2009, 10:50:00 AM »
I got the DB Mag and love it.RC

Offline WildmanSC

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2009, 11:15:00 AM »
Doc,

The Millenium M300 Tree Seat hangs on the side of a tree.  You can set the height off the ground to whatever you want.  I'll probably use mine with my ladder treestand, too, this year. That is IF I use my ladder treestand!   :)   I'm getting a bit older and I didn't care for heights when I was young, let alone now that I'm 60+.

Bill
TGMM Family of the Bow

-----------------------------------
Groves Flame Recurve 62", 45#@28"

Praise the Lord Jesus Christ, He is Worthy

Offline NJhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2009, 01:53:00 PM »
Does the millennium m300 tree seat have a rachet

Offline NJhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2009, 01:56:00 PM »
Does the millennium m300 tree seat have a rachet type strap to secure it to a tree and is it stable?

I'm thinking of buying one.

Thanks.

Offline Ringneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2009, 06:02:00 PM »
The Mfg. sells the 300 seat on the bay for $71 shipped.

Offline WildmanSC

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2009, 10:59:00 PM »
The M300 has a cam buckle system for securing the strap around a tree.  However, it would be very easy to incorporate a ratchet strap, just as I've always done with all of my climbing treestands.

Bill
TGMM Family of the Bow

-----------------------------------
Groves Flame Recurve 62", 45#@28"

Praise the Lord Jesus Christ, He is Worthy

Offline Boom Stick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2009, 04:24:00 AM »
I'm glad I found this thread because I've been looking for a new hunting chair.  I've never heard of the Huntmore before but I checked it out and bought one.  I've had it for a couple days now and absolutly love it!  

I shot from it for hours today at the range.  

It's one of those, "get what you pay for" things.  It's not cheap but it's very high quality and worth the money IMO.

Offline Kevin Lawler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2009, 09:34:00 AM »
Anybody ever used the upper section of climbing stands? I have a lone wolf and summit climber that I think would make good seats if hunting from a ground blind around a tree.

Offline wollelybugger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2009, 09:52:00 AM »
I have been hunting off the ground for the last couple of years, maybe ten or twenty years. The most important thing in seats is the ability to turn with the game. If you can find one that turns and doesn't make any noise you are in business. I found this is especially true while turkey hunting, the ability to turn with the bird will put you in shooting position with the minimum amount of movement. It's the same with deer.

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2009, 02:49:00 PM »
Originally posted by Kevin Lawler:
Anybody ever used the upper section of climbing stands? I have a lone wolf and summit climber that I think would make good seats if hunting from a ground blind around a tree.
I have and also used the base to set up a couple foot off the ground in heavy cover.  Works fine, but a lot more work than a chair.

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2009, 02:54:00 PM »
Originally posted by wollelybugger:
I have been hunting off the ground for the last couple of years, maybe ten or twenty years. The most important thing in seats is the ability to turn with the game. If you can find one that turns and doesn't make any noise you are in business. I found this is especially true while turkey hunting, the ability to turn with the bird will put you in shooting position with the minimum amount of movement. It's the same with deer.
That is where the Hunt More is really nice.  It is solid, height adjustable, level adjustable, comfortable, and has a 360 silent smooth rotation.  As stated, it is one of those you get what you pay for items.  If only it had a flip up foot rest, head rest, and reclined.

Offline USN_Sam1385

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2012, 09:15:00 PM »
Just purchased a Millenium Tree Seat, the M300. I am excited to see how comfortable it is. I am only 26, and I am in very good shape. However, for some reason I get extremely uncomfortable in most stands.

The only stand so far that has been completely 100% comfortable for me was the Tree Lounger climber, bow hunter model.

I will give a full review on this Millenium Tree seat once I get it. Been hunting from the ground more and more. I think this stand attached to a tree with some blind material around me, a bit of brush, and a ghillie suit; I should be in good shape.
62" Craig Warren Black Timber 3PC T/D Recurve: 48lb @ 28".

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©