3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: A great book to read  (Read 176 times)

Offline Ted Fry

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
A great book to read
« on: August 09, 2009, 10:46:00 PM »
Well I was feeling a bit under the weather today and grabbed an old book off the shelf to pass the time, I had read this book when it was published in 1997 and enjoyed it, but it did not just jump up and grab me.
I am glad I picked this one to re read as it just made more sense to me now and I ended up reading the whole 263 pages in one sitting, not often does a book take me away like this , I was roaming the hills, shooting arrows and enjoying the history of archery all in one story, I cant tell you what a treat it was.
What book is it you say? Well The Traditional Way by Fred Anderson, I encourage you to pick up a copy.
Fred takes you through a lifetime of the bow and arrow , ideas on the passion of archery as well as little tid bits of the industry in general, all rolled together with a bunch of history and some of the many greats of our past .
Fred really hits the nail on the head for me in chapter 1 "Pondering bows" and I guess I just matured since I read it 12 years ago as I really enjoyed the book.
Your right Fred, when we are to old to shoot any longer and we sit and remember the past, we wont remember the trophy's weve won at tournaments nor the animals we have taken but we will sure remember the people that we have shared the campfires with. Thanks for a great book Fred.

Offline Curveman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: A great book to read
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 06:29:00 AM »
I agree, and I am glad that I have a copy to re-read!
Compliance Officer MK,LLC
NRA Life Member

Online Ben Maher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 07:18:00 AM »
one of my favourite books ..... reminds that archery is meant to be fun !!!!!
every archer should own this book .
thanks Fred....

Ben
" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Online Ken Taylor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 09:15:00 AM »
Thanks for reminding me that I have a copy ( and I haven't read it in a long time).
I'll be bringing it back up to work at caribou camp with me next week.
I can hear the wind hollowing already as I'm reading in my sleeping bag with my headlamp on. That's usually the closest I get to getting traditional "company" up here.
May your next adventure lighten your heart, test your spirit, and nourish your soul.

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 10:27:00 AM »
That's a great book for sure.  

He's working on another that is going to be even better...and we are all waiting anxiously for its publication.
Lon Scott

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©