3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Does this sound like it will work??  (Read 142 times)

Offline the force

• Trad Bowhunter
Does this sound like it will work??
« on: August 11, 2009, 11:47:00 AM »
2117 29" 250 grain broadhead 60# grizzly 27.5" draw. Put this in the spine calculater and it said it would work does it sound weak or stiff or just about right?
Hoyt Tiburon

Offline Bush

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Does this sound like it will work??
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 12:08:00 PM »
I shoot a 2117, 30", 60# @ 29" draw with a 125 grain head, and it shoots perfect.  So, I would say you will be in the ballpark, and should be able to tune it to perfect.  You might need to toy with the point weight and the length of shaft to get it just right.

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 12:19:00 PM »
The spine calculator is like any other spine calculator....it is only a starting point.  What you do with your bow and arrows is different from what I would do.  Your form, your release, your rest, your brace height, your string material, number of strands in string, etc.

They may work.

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 01:08:00 PM »
I shoot 2117 30" long, 125grn head out of a 55# at 28" draw about 29" they go right where I'm looking! work with your point weight and you should be alright! if they fly good for you that is all that matters! somtimes everything gets in my head and messes me all up! HA!! Jason

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©