3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Clicker for treestand hunting  (Read 1052 times)

Offline Young Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Clicker for treestand hunting
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2009, 11:58:00 PM »
I love the clicker.  I had mine off the bottom limb but with my new thunderhorn quiver it has the metal that hangs low and as my uncle said it would, it got caught and broke (happy I was not drawing on a monster bull).  So, I put it on the top limb and works just as well.
I am not judged by the number of times I fail, but by the number of times I succeed. And the number of times I succeed is in direct proportion to the number of times I can fail and keep trying.

Offline DesertDude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2009, 02:00:00 AM »
I have shot with Dave (King) and his friend Vance, The clicker is the real deal when it comes down to it. Let me tell you Dave and Vance are some of the best shooters in the state. When they have a bad day it's still better than most on their good days. The same power stroke is very inportent. So Dave, when you going to teach me how to use one.........
DesertDude >>>----->

US Navy (Retired)
1978-1998

Offline Kingwouldbe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2009, 02:51:00 AM »
Dude, I don't know, what about the trad-police, what will they say, you with a clicker and all.

You better stay with grip-it and rip-it,   :scared:   lol

Just spoof'en you my friend, you are a great shot for a guy who changes Bows every week,   :help:   lol

Any time any place just let me know, as Larry say's are you ready for your leasson    :p   .

Always a pleasure shooting with you.

Offline 2Blade

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2009, 08:43:00 AM »
Dave did you start using a clicker because of Target Panic or just because they make you consistent and you decided to stay with it? How long do you normally hold at full draw for before "clicking"?
The Stuttering Bowhunter

Offline pktm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2009, 11:20:00 AM »
If you remove the clicker does it damage the finish
Fundamentally the marksman aims at himself

Offline Kingwouldbe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2009, 11:21:00 AM »
Hi 2Blade,

My friend put one on his bow for a year or two,  at a shoot, he told me to give it a try and a light bulb went off instantly.

It just felt amazing, I would not say I had T/P, however, I was not 100% in control of the shot.

It is vary rare that anyone is 100% in control of the shot, whether that's holding to long, not holding long enough, not getting to full draw, over drawing, freezing high, freezing low, etc.....

The clicker gives me better control and consistent draw.

As far as holding, I might hold longer than most, but that's not what matters to me, I want to be in 100% control of the shot.

The good news is I can shoot as fast as I can draw the bow back, as the clicker bumps, I'm already on target knowing I'm at full draw, or I can draw slowly and deliberately, focusing on the spot I want to hit, coming to a vary deliberate and smooth release.

This is just one example of being 100% in control of the shot, this hog came out of the brush, there was a barbwire fence between him and me, 50 yards was as close as I could get.

I was shooting a 70lb Tim Migs longbow, 50 yards was my point on, I held right on his hart, made a smooth deliberate shot, hitting the clicker.

Hope that helps.

Offline DELTA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2009, 11:43:00 AM »
I started using a clicler two years ago,and now i could shoot better then the King. :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:
JIM BELLEVILLE

Offline Smallwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2009, 11:49:00 AM »
2 blade- I come to full draw, anchor and then begin squeezing my back muscles continuing to push/pull, expanding the draw while i'm aiming, until it goes off. BAM! As soon as it clicks the arrow is gone.

ToelkeMan-
No it's just mounted on with double stick tape.
This also allows you to pull it off an old bow and mount it onto a new one, just by reapplying some new double sided tape. I do clean the bow limb with alcohol first before mounting it.

hope this helps,
sammy

Offline 2Blade

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2009, 12:34:00 PM »
Good points guys sounds like we all use the clicker the same basic way. I got mine to help cure my TP I went from not being able to pull to my face to being able to make a controlled shot at ANY range. It does take time to get use to it but then you realize how bad you shoot without it or atleast I do LOL.
The Stuttering Bowhunter

Offline 2Blade

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2009, 11:46:00 PM »
I understand the pulling backwards but no one has ever actually told me what the pushing foreword does. Does it align you better and ensure a solid bow arm through the shot? Not to highjack the thread but im also still learning.
The Stuttering Bowhunter

Offline Kingwouldbe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2009, 12:09:00 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by DELTA:
I started using a clicler two years ago,and now i could shoot better then the King.  :notworthy:   ....

2 blade, you push with your bow arm at the spot you want to hit, while tightening your back muscles (or pinching your shoulder blades together)so, you never really come to a stop, you just keep expanding until the shot is made.

Offline redant 60/65

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2009, 08:19:00 PM »
Hey Dave
Grip-it and Rip-it works for me  :banghead:
Larry

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©