3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Badlands Hypervent  (Read 547 times)

Offline excelpoint

• Trad Bowhunter
Badlands Hypervent
« on: August 14, 2009, 04:35:00 AM »
G,day guys. Does anyone have a Badlands Hypervent? I am cosidering one and would like some opinions good or bad. I would also like to know the diameter of the scope pocket as I would like to put my Jetboil in there to keep it out of the way. I like the look of the Hypervent but am also considering the Diablo. Any help much appreciated.
"A hunt based only on trophies taken falls short of what the ultimate goal should be ... time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and the fish that live there."
Fred Bear

Offline Brian Gillispie

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Badlands Hypervent
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 07:49:00 AM »
I have no idea what you are talking about.

Brian
Spinning faster round the pole. Soon to old from chasing gold. Young hands wrinkle, hearts to stone. Dust to dust and ashes cold

Offline Tater 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 08:05:00 AM »
I am very happy with my Hypervent I have used it a couple of years for Elk hunting here in CO. It works perfect if you want to go for an overnite or if you need to carry a boned Elk quarter out. With that said if I am day hunting from a base camp I usually carry the Monster Fanny Pack. Both are very comfortable to carry.
   I am at work so I can't measure the scope pocket I will try and remember when I get home.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
PBS Associate
Colorado Bowhunters Association

Offline excelpoint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 08:32:00 AM »
Thanks Tater.
"A hunt based only on trophies taken falls short of what the ultimate goal should be ... time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and the fish that live there."
Fred Bear

Offline excelpoint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 08:34:00 AM »
Originally posted by Brian Gillispie:
I have no idea what you are talking about.

Brian
I thought it was pretty self explanitory as Tater 2's reply indicated.
Fred Bear

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 12:45:00 PM »
I'm liking the Diablo a lot--bought the Ultra Day last year and it's design didn't work for me but the Diablo does--it's lighter, too, than the others. Side pocket stretches and should hold your item no problem.

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 01:03:00 PM »
Excelpoint, tater's post was after his, so it wasn't that obvious to him.  I thought it was some kind of breathing device.  What a dumb name for a pack.  8^).

Offline BMG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 01:50:00 PM »
I took my out into the field for one day last season.  Sold it immediately upon my return home.  Do not like the Hypervent

Offline bluegrassbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2009, 02:29:00 PM »
I've got a Diablo & love it,can't comment on the Hypervent...
"Life,Liberty & the pursue of deer & turkeys."

Offline excelpoint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2009, 06:28:00 PM »
Originally posted by George D. Stout:
Excelpoint, tater's post was after his, so it wasn't that obvious to him.  I thought it was some kind of breathing device.  What a dumb name for a pack.  8^).
Fair enough.
Fred Bear

Offline excelpoint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2009, 06:29:00 PM »
Thanks for all the replies guys. A mate has a diablo on the way over so I might hold off ordering till I have seen his.
Fred Bear

Offline Tater

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2009, 06:51:00 PM »
Scope pocket is 5.5 inches dia.

Who pi$$ed in George's bran flakes this morning?
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Charter/Life Member
Big Thompson Bowhunters
United Bowhunters of Illinois
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline excelpoint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2009, 06:56:00 PM »
Thanks Tater. It would be a snug fit for the Jetboil especially with the main compartment loaded.
Fred Bear

Offline excelpoint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2009, 06:58:00 PM »
Originally posted by BMG:
I took my out into the field for one day last season.  Sold it immediately upon my return home.  Do not like the Hypervent
BMG. What did you find wrong with the hypervent?
Fred Bear

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2009, 08:11:00 PM »
Actually, I had Honey Nut Cheerios.   I was just stickin' up for Brian, who posted before your post on what excelpoint was talking about.  It's all good.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2009, 08:20:00 PM »
I ran across this at 5 this morning, and almost put the first "Huh?" in there, but I was afraid someone might call me Stupid. Looking at the time of the post, I figured someone was playing a joke, or had had an all-nighter with bad home-brew.

Hypervent.
Who thought that one up? I could have, given enough bad home-brew.
Killdeer   "[dntthnk]"
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline excelpoint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2009, 08:22:00 PM »
George I wasnt trying to have a go at Brian. Wasnt meant to come across that way.
Fred Bear

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2009, 09:03:00 PM »
It's okay partner.  I was taken aback by the name myself.  Anyway, I suppose it comes in a brown paper bag.

Offline FubarFred

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2009, 09:16:00 PM »
Before we get to the grumbling stage, google hypervent pack and a link to cabelas will be in that mess.
TGMM Family of the Bow
Traditional Bowhunters of MD
MD Bowhunters Society
Bowhunters of South Carolina
UDT/SEAL Association

Offline excelpoint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2009, 10:06:00 PM »
So does anyone else have any experience with either the Badlands Hypervent or Diablo back packs?
Fred Bear

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©