3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Stringamajig Instructions  (Read 486 times)

Offline ray tareila

• Trad Bowhunter
Stringamajig Instructions
« on: August 14, 2009, 03:29:00 PM »
I've just acquired a Stringamajig made by Nickerson Mfg in MT. This jig makes both flemish and endless strings. The one typewritten page of instructions is confusing on how to set up the jig and there are no accompanying photos or drawings. Nickerson is no longer in business (at least their phone is disconnected). Does anyone have drawings that they might scan and email to me? If I'm asking in the wrong place on this site, please set me straight.
Thanks, Ray:  [email protected]

Offline BobW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Stringamajig Instructions
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 03:30:00 PM »
get Chad's Video (Doing the Twist).... Recurves.com (champion custom bow strings)
"A sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine"
>>---TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow--->
Member: Double-T Archery Club, Amherst, NY
St. Judes - $100k for 2010 - WE DID IT!!!!

Offline ray tareila

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 07:38:00 PM »
Bob: Thanks for the response. Does Chad's Video use the Stringamajig and does he do both flemish and endless on it?

Offline Canadian Idle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 07:47:00 PM »
Ray, no Chad's video doesn't use the Stringamajig, they use a regular string jig board and an endless string jig

Offline ray tareila

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 07:03:00 PM »
Thanks for clarifying Idle! Ray

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 12:09:00 AM »
We don't use the Stringamajig in the video, but we do demonstrate making both flemish and endless strings.

For flemish strings, the jig is just a measuring tool.  I bet it could be figured out.  If I remember correctly, it required a separate piece to use it as a flemish jig.

Figuring out endless on it will be easy.  Might be a little more complicated figuring out flemish measurements without instructions.

Chad

Offline Canadian Idle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 01:41:00 AM »
Ray, if you can get your hands on Chads video it's well worth the watch. Both he and his partner in the video sure clarified alot of things I was doing wrong. I think it's probably the best illustrated string making video out there (Doing the Twist)....Lloyd

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 09:59:00 AM »
Ray--I have a Stringamajig--I also have the instructions (several pages, both kinds of strings). If you'll PM me your mailing address I'll make a copy for you.

Offline Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2009, 10:29:00 AM »
Chad,

Joe Stark used the Stringamajig on his portion of the video, didn't he?  Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly...    :confused:  

Daryl
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."  Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2009, 03:15:00 PM »
Joe used a homemade endless jig to measure the bundles.  His is a one-piece jig, like the Yellowstone "Dream Machine" endless jig I use (I don't use it on the video, but in my shop).  I believe the Stringamajig is 3 sections you put together, plus the part for flemish strings?  

Wish I had some answers for that one--sorry.

Chad

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©