3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Nois  (Read 341 times)

Offline Thumper Dunker

• Trad Bowhunter
Nois
« on: August 14, 2009, 10:50:00 PM »
I hear a tiny little boing from my old wing Tried all kinds of stuff my wife and son can not hear it they just hear the wosh of the string . Its 58"  60 @ 28" . Its shooting great but this little nois is  bugging me My long bow and my long recurve do not do this but both are lighter and slower bows . I hunt ground squirrels alot and alot of the times they duck the arrow are they hearing the bow or do you think they hear the arrow coming .Wife thinks Im losing it . Am I being too picky. Anther Question Can any one tell me the brace hight for this bow.I have 8" from the sting to the center of the rest.
You can hop but you can't hide.
If it was not for rabbits I would never get a buck.
Yip yipahooooo yipyipyip.

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Nois
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 10:36:00 AM »
I hear that type of noise with a dacron string,some bows seem to make that noise.But with an older bow,dacron is all I use.Other then silencers,have you tried some bow hush? Sometimes with a dacron bow is hard to elimate the boing sound and you hear it more because you are the one shooting it.

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 06:11:00 PM »
Get yourself a 55" flemish-twist string, then twist it to brace.  You will have to twist it a lot more than usual, but the tighter twists will take some of the "boing" away.  Then get some Wooley Whispers or such and that should do it.

Offline Thumper Dunker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 02:47:00 PM »
Thanks George I had a flemish on it already but I stuck brush buttons on it And I think it untwisted some a few twist and its silent again.
You can hop but you can't hide.
If it was not for rabbits I would never get a buck.
Yip yipahooooo yipyipyip.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©