3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 450+ and Heart Strings a'Tuggin' - PLEASE READ!!!  (Read 513 times)

Offline NorthernCaliforniaHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
450+ and Heart Strings a'Tuggin' - PLEASE READ!!!
« on: August 15, 2009, 12:30:00 AM »
Please take a look at this picture.

Did you notice anything special? What caught your eye, made you look twice?

It's a hard thing to discern, what draws us to this campfire called TradGang. Is it the years of wisdom freely shared (from far too many to mention, forgive me in advance!), or is it the generosity and willingness to share of one's goods, time, or services - freely, to a new-comer to the sport?

In this short time I have been a member of this website I have been bestowed by so many blessings that my deepest fear (and again apologies in advance), is that I'll forget all the names who have blessed me in one way or another. From the bow gifted to my wife, the extra arrows that arrived in a set I bought, the knife I won, or the quiver, or advice, or phone call, or "hand holding    :knothead:  " when I couldn't get my head around tuning, TradGang has become like family to me - and not only for the blessings it/you have bestowed upon me but also for what I have been so inspired to witness... Time and time again brother and sister helping, coaching, sharing and uplifting brother and sister. This has been the greatest gift and the soul food of TradGang. God Bless you all!

Now for the inspiration for today's post. Please take a look at this photo again, closely if you can *please forgive my camera, and kindly give me a few more moments of your time by continuing to read my post below*

A few days ago I posted a thread concerning what kind of string I could switch to and what kind of gains I could expect with pros and cons. When that thread generated enough knowledge for me to make an educated decision, I posted another thread asking who was qualified to make me one...

THAT'S WHEN THE LATEST BIT'O'TRADGANG MAGIC HAPPENED    :wavey:
Juan "NorthernCaliforniaHunter"
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, it's melancholy, and its charm." Theodore Roosevelt

Find me at ShareTheBounty

Offline Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 450+ and Heart Strings a'Tuggin' - PLEASE READ!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 02:15:00 AM »
Steves one fine Hoosier and makes a great string.If you need a quality string give him a shout.

Juan, Steves handle came from the movie that he stared in.Playing the title role of Frank Bullitt.Steve McQueen never really died.He moved to Indiana and got married had 5 kids and became a welder and lover of traditional archery.He always hated Hollywood and found peace in Indiana LOL.Seriously he makes a really fine string and yours will have good MoJo.

Offline Focusource

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 03:20:00 AM »
Juan, that's a well written expression of gratitude. It's a nice thing to know the man who's name is on the label.
TradTech Pinnacle II riser, 50# BlackMax limbs

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 04:37:00 AM »
Cool! TradGang is indeed a very positive place.
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline BEN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 07:47:00 AM »
Great story! That's the stuff that makes me log on here several times a day sometimes--commadrie!   :thumbsup:      :campfire:
Ben
M.O.A.B  54# Thunderstick
Ancient Spirits 62# "Thunderhawk"
Browning Wasp 45#

"VEGETARIAN"----Old Indian word for "BAD HUNTER".

Offline HATCHCHASER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 08:23:00 AM »
:campfire:    :clapper:
It's not the arrival, it's the journey.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 11:55:00 AM »
Originally posted by BEN:
Great story! That's the stuff that makes me log on here several times a day sometimes--commadrie!    :thumbsup:        :campfire:  
Yep Ben, I know the feeling! I can't walk by a computer without wondering what the gang is up to!    :p
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, it's melancholy, and its charm." Theodore Roosevelt

Offline pktm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2009, 12:04:00 PM »
He's getting my business as well.
Fundamentally the marksman aims at himself

Offline MartinD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2009, 12:45:00 PM »
I just received two strings I ordered from Steve for my Ibex and he threw in an extra for free. Top notch strings from a top notch guy.

Martin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2009, 02:44:00 PM »
You know? I'd really love to keep this thread alive...

Would you all be so kind as to share your stories of extraordinary displays of kindness on TradGang? Chime in about vendors that have gone out of the way for you, too.

I run into such poor service so often in the world that I wonder how these business stay open!    :clapper:  

Let's hear the names of these good people! Include those who have given freely of their time and expertise as well!

Here's a few more screen names of great folks:

elkherder
     joe skipp
     rod251
     bowmaster12
     frank bullitt
     George D. Stout
     jimmerc
     Kingwouldbe
     bill langer
     O.L. Adcock
     BTH
     ...and so many more, sorry if I missed you!

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2009, 03:47:00 PM »
I thought the picture was of the aftermath of trying to practice shooting from a canoe- in a hot tub..    :rolleyes:
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Offline frank bullitt

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2009, 07:41:00 PM »
Well Juan, very nice of you to post this! This is a great family to be apart of, and I have been blessed to have had a great customer base over the past years!  The income from this business has helped to support my family in so many ways! Thank you!

On a lighter note, I only have 3 children. It took a while to convince my wife that I did'nt father anymore  :biglaugh:  Good shootin, Steve

Offline DesertDude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2009, 07:42:00 PM »
That's what I'm talkin about. A Family......
DesertDude >>>----->

US Navy (Retired)
1978-1998

Offline MSwickard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2009, 08:44:00 PM »
Great Post

Yes Steve also offered up to make a string for my La Clair Grayling Spirit here recently.  Steve said he would make one up and if I liked it send him a check.  Anyway, Steve made up a Dyna Flight 97 12 strand with padded loops.  This string has made that GS come alive again.  

So if you need a string made definitely contact Steve.

Thanks Steve  

Mike

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2009, 11:27:00 PM »
Well, if she gives ya that sideways glance and a grin...    ;)

Offline pktm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2009, 09:32:00 PM »
Big Thanks to Frank Bullitt, he made me two strings for my Saluki Turk, D97, perfect loops, great service. He's the man for my strings period.
Fundamentally the marksman aims at himself

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©