3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ? for treesaddle users....how long did it take you ....  (Read 1134 times)

Offline Rick P

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: ? for treesaddle users....how long did it take you ....
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2009, 02:29:00 PM »
Sorry all I misread the title of the post. I thought it was about tree stands in general. I have 0 experience with a treesadle and it's been so long since I used a tree stand I cant even remember what kind of stand it was.

In the interest of full disclosure I should also mention that I was a ICU RN for many years. My dislike of tree stands is based on personal experience and having several hunters end up as rutabaga's after falling out of one.

Joebuck
I used to be a rock climber so I know this won't change your mind. Hope you hunt in Alaska that way when the inevitable happens you'll have the best ICU staff around to console your family. My wife's team lots of experience helping the families of hunters with the grieving process.
Just this Alaskan's opinion

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2009, 05:39:00 PM »
Rick P.....you might want to do your homework before you give your blind oppinion about a product your not familiar with. Quido's Web is one of the safest stands on the market. I went to this type of stand for safety after i got married and started a family.   www.quidosoutdoors.com   I will not give my oppinion of rock climbing because i have never done it but i know i rather climb a tree and hunt than a rock and sweat      :)
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline Three Arrows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2009, 05:51:00 PM »
Rick P... I have seen people in ER's like hamburger from car accidents.  I have seen people ground down after motorcycle accidents.  I have seen people shot with guns.  What is your point?  Live in a cave until you see someone get buried?  Thank you so much for your sensationalism.

Offline Mount Sweetness

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2009, 06:03:00 PM »
I am afraid of heights and am a big heavy guy, the tree saddle is the safest most comfortable unit available for elevated hunting.  

I will go up, way up with a saddle, using a regular hang on stand or a climber I stay at around 12 to 14 feet.

I sold my Lone Wolf Alpha Sit & Climb, I now only still hunt on the ground or get up in a saddle....or both....

Offline Pegen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2009, 06:29:00 PM »
not too long, maybe 5-6 practice sessions. the biggest hurdle for me was learning to have faith in the safety belt and tree belt

Offline Rick P

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2009, 11:11:00 PM »
Wow and I thought all opinions where welcome here! I'd also like to point out I re posted and stated for the record that I "have 0 experience with a treesadle." I was trying to correct an earlier incorrect post after all!

Joebuck
I didn't give an opinion on your tree stand at all but a opinion on tree stands in general. I have no interest in looking into a product I will never use. But I'm glad you did for the sake of yourself and your family. Frankly I still would not trust my life to what appears to be a single webbing strap. I trust logic more than product reviews.

3 arrows
I've seen all that too but I'm hardly hiding in a cave or unwilling to take a risk! I spend more time above tree line chasing Dall sheep every year than most do for all there hunting combined! I hunt animals over 1000 pounds on a regular basis in some of the toughest country in the world with 2 sticks and a string. White tail and hogs are kittens compared to bear and moose. That doesn't mean I'm going to drive without a seat belt at 100mph, ride a motorcycle without a helmet or hunt game that can eat me without a sidearm! We all have to asses what is a reasonable risk for us. Based on past personal experience and the number of folks I have seen admitted to the ICU treestands are off my list. Besides treestands move you father from the game we chase, the opposite of why I got into bow hunting in the first place! That is not sensationalism it is my opinion. Don't like it, I'd be happy to discuss that opinion politely.
Just this Alaskan's opinion

Offline Bowtechie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2009, 03:08:00 AM »
A modification I did to mine which makes my saddle much more comfortable is I fashioned a plywood board the same width as my hips when sitting then have a neoprene pad glued to that. I cut it so there is a narrow tongue that comes forward slightly to act as a standoff from the tree. I got the idea from the Tree Suit I had but didn't like because of the noisy straps. It really doesn't add much weight and increases the comfort level tremendously.

Offline Three Arrows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2009, 04:29:00 AM »
Do you attach the plywood to the Saddle?

Offline Bowtechie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2009, 07:11:00 AM »
Yes with 2 small bolts through a thick part of the webbing.

Offline jojotater

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2009, 02:41:00 PM »
Bowtechie, what saddle do you have?

Offline Bowtechie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2009, 01:29:00 AM »
I think it says Realtree Roadtrips on it.

Offline Michigan Man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2009, 09:20:00 AM »
Bowtechie, any chance you could show some pictures. Thanks

Offline Bowtechie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2009, 06:07:00 PM »
I haven't dug it out yet but I may do that tomorrow and will post pics.

Offline LocDoc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2009, 06:30:00 PM »
Interested in that myself. One reason I went back to the Treesuit...the hard seat.
'Aim small. Miss small.'

Offline jojotater

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2009, 09:54:00 PM »
Bowtechie, is it leather?

Offline jojotater

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2009, 06:06:00 PM »
I hope you post those pictures.

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2009, 06:34:00 PM »
hey guys..not to highjack a treesaddle thread,,,but Quidos Web has a hard seat bottom...thats why i left the saddle and the suit
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline NoCams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2009, 10:20:00 PM »
Me too joebuck ! Hard bottom my foot..... Yeah it has an aluminum plate in the bottom but that is under the nice cushioned padding !

nocams  :campfire:
TGMM  Family of the Bow
"Failure to plan is planned failure"

Offline BD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2009, 12:29:00 AM »
the suit has a hard seat bottom too.
BD

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2009, 02:16:00 AM »
I got an old school Anderson tree sling and wondered why I didn't have one years ago. I too hunt public land and it's an invaluable tool.
 Takes some getting used to and you'll use different muscles to support yourself. Takes abotu 3-4 hunts to figure out exactly where you want everything placed. Don't go out with it unless you have practiced first since you'll spend most your time adjusting to get everything right. You don't wanna do that when deer are coming in,LOL!
Just one more step please!

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©