3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: West of Eden  (Read 1351 times)

Offline knife river

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: West of Eden
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2009, 12:27:00 AM »
Here's a pic of Tippit working a hole.  It was actually his second time at this bend.  The first time, he landed six big rainbows.  As we walked past it on the way home, he floated another fly out there.  Could there be one more nice bow with an appetite?  Yep!

And now a couple of gratuitous fish pics.  If there's anything more beautiful than a brown trout, I don't know what it is.

It's about time to wrap this up, but here's a pic of some buddies we passed on our way home.

And here's a pic of the buddies at the Ryegrass.  I'm already looking forward to next time.  Vance, keep some of those enchiladas in the freezer for me.  Love ya, bro!

TGMM Family of the Bow

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline knife river

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2009, 12:44:00 AM »
Well, I thought I was done for the night, but somebody who was peeping over my shoulder reminded me that I didn't post one particular pic...    :rolleyes:  

And that reminds me of another thing.  Ordinarily, having kids at a gathering of guys is kinda like having your mom at your bachelor party.  It just isn't a comfortable fit.  The opposite was true this time, which speaks volumes about the big hearts at the Ryegrass.  I can't thank everyone enough for making my little people feel welcome.      :notworthy:    :notworthy:    :notworthy:  

TGMM Family of the Bow

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2009, 06:47:00 AM »
On the way to the Ryegrass, we stopped to pick up Woody and the three Fun Sizers...as Vance so appropriately named Woody's traveling mates Anne, Emma, and little Joe.  Plus getting fishing and antelope licences.

When this group gets together there is no lack for conversation especially over Burgers & Fat Tire  :)   To top off an already eventful day, Woody starts handing out little pieces of stone that come with his magic   :thumbsup:  Doc

TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2009, 07:58:00 AM »
Awesome, awesome, awesome!

Woody, you're a blessed man brother, those are some fine looking kids, and from what Vance told me very a fine a kids as he's ever been around....you're doing a heck of job with the fun-sizers brother    :notworthy:  

What a gathering....I sure hope the TX thing comes together    :pray:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2009, 09:13:00 AM »
What a gathering! Two things wrong with it... it had to end and I was not there. Hey Vance, your dog has a fuzzy face!

Offline Doug Campbell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2009, 09:43:00 AM »
Yep, gotta agree with ya on one thing Shaun, it ended way too soon for me... And Woody I'll go along with the Gang and say you're raising some of the finest kids I've ever had the pleasure of being around. Thank them again for letting Dad come play  ;)  And thank you again for the beautiful stone work!! You continue to amaze me.   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
Life is wonderful in Montana!!
"BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE. BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL."
ABS Journeyman Knifesmith

Offline jcar315

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2009, 09:44:00 AM »
Nice fish pics! Even better pics of the group and the kids + fuzzy companion!!

thanks again for sharing.
Proud Dad to two awesome Kids and a very passionate pig hunter.

Right handed but left eye dominant.

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM  Family of the Bow"

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2009, 02:09:00 PM »
Vance had a surprise in store for Doug & I.  It seems that one of the owners couldn't use a booked fly fishing float trip down the New Fork river out of Pinedale.  AND would we like to fill that spot in???  Can you say "You Bet" real fast and in a high squeal    :bigsmyl:  

The trout fishing in Wyoming and especially around Pinedale is Blue Ribbon World Class!  They say that the trout get as long as your arm.  Take a look at one of Doug's rainbows  :eek:  We fished the entire day...needless to say Doug & I had a ball.  Doc

TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2009, 02:34:00 PM »
Another outstanding thread!!

Thank you all for taking us along!

Woody, you certainly have a beautiful family!
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Widowbender

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2009, 02:43:00 PM »
Good Folks and Good Times...It doesn't get any better than that!!!

David
David

>>>>--TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow-->

Chatham County Chapter NWTF
Chapel Hill Friends of NRA

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2009, 02:46:00 PM »
I almost forgot.  When we got to the pick up fly shop, our guide walked past us a couple of times cause we didn't seem to fit the part of a couple of fly fishing sports dressed to the 9's in Patagonia.  Seems camoclad fly fishermen are not the norm  :biglaugh:  Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline knife river

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2009, 03:52:00 PM »
Originally posted by tippit:
Seems camoclad fly fishermen are not the norm   :biglaugh:   Doc
Especially camo-clad fisherman who make and carry functional art like this.  Thanks again, Doc!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2009, 08:32:00 PM »
The next morning after our float of the New Fork, Doug was scheduled to leave for Montana.  We decided to continual out Trout Quest on the ranch waters of the Cottonwood Creek.  This was 13 miles of snaky riffles, pools, and tail outs with under cut banks on ever bend.  Plus there were a plentiful supply of 18-21 inch trout in almost every pool...Fly Rodders Mecca!

Doug & I would leap frog ahead of each other on every pool so we could see if the other guy hit pay dirt.  I had a couple hits so did Doug with the landing of a nice Cutthroat.  Then he had to head home    :(   Doc

TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2009, 03:41:00 PM »
Nice pictures guys, and what a great experiance with buddys  :campfire:

Online swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2009, 04:50:00 PM »
MMMMmmm Bubbas! No better place to eat in Jackson unless it is breakfast at the Virginian. Looks like a great time was had by all.
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2009, 04:57:00 PM »
Just magic!
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2009, 05:51:00 PM »
Well Doug had to head back to Montana around one.  Woody, Joe, and I headed out to fish the lower section of the Cottonwood in the afternoon.  We all had great fun...but with a handle like Tippit on Trad Gang you can just imagine my excitement to be wading this beautiful creek.  I truely lost count of the number of rainbows and cutbows I caught.

Now I had to faced a decision:

1) The fishing was Soooo Gooood!!!

2) The antelope were very dispersed this year with how green the prairie was.

3) I love fly fishing equally as well as bow hunting.  

Usually this kind of decision doesn't crop up as the seasons don't compete with each other.  Now what to do...my 4wt Winston with hoppers bouncing off the bank to stealthy waiting trout hiding in the under cut called the loudest in my head.  I would fish the next two days and wade most of the 13 miles of the Cottonwood!  Thanks Vance...Doc

TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2009, 06:09:00 PM »
I now sit trying to collect my thoughts on this most wonderful of events.

Resizing and cleaning up photos, trying to mentally compose a post to this thread all through a very confused mind   ( What Just Happen these last few days)

I will be back with my minds view....Thanks to all and SPECIAL thanks to TradGang....You make St. Jude's happen in addition to connecting the strings of these many hearts...................

Offline Barney

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2009, 06:30:00 PM »
Sounds like great times were had by all, Vance.

Did everybody take home their complimentary wolf?

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2009, 08:20:00 PM »
There was another cool off shoot from being in Pinedale.  The Green River runs through it...plus the site of the original Green River Rendezvous was 15 minutes from the Ryegrass.  So much history of the Fur Trade right in front of me.  I came home and went back to forging more Old Time Fur Trade Era blades. In my effort to keep improving my bladesmithing, I was striving to make more refined blades.  What I really like are the rough trapper's accoutrements.  Vance showed me a couple original Green River blades.  It was like a breath of fresh air for me.

One last thought---bow hunting, fly fishing, and forging knives are my passion.  St Judes brought this all together in one beautiful spot for me this past week.  Spending time with friends of like mind...nothing better!  Doc

TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©