3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The Big 7....thru the years....  (Read 202 times)

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
The Big 7....thru the years....
« on: August 16, 2009, 03:31:00 PM »
Two years ago, first time I put out a trail cam(my old home brew 35mm) for the year, I got a pic of this nice 1 1/2yr old buck......

A little closer......

Fast forward to last year...first time I put out a new Moultrie I4.0....I got a pic of this buck...a nice 7 pt......

At first I didn't even realize that they were the same buck till I found the pic from the previous year. This pic from last year was from Aug., I saw him in mid October and he'd transformed into a stud! Big body, very thick neck, and his antlers were far more impressive than they are in the TC pic....he was high,wide, and heavier than the pix revealed, from then he'd be known as The Big 7".

Never saw him again till I got this video late in the year with a big 8pt(he's the first buck running)....

So now to this year.....again first time out for the camera. First buck I get pix of..."The Big 7"!!

Now the pic I'm about to show isn't very good(for some reason this Moultri "white's out" the first pic in the burst mode), and I had a better pic that showed him very well that I mistakenly deleted before I downloaded it   :mad:   . Without a doubt the same deer...and he's grown into a very, very nice mature buck!

Like I said the other pic was much better and showed the height, width, and heaviness of the antlers(I still can't believe I deleted it by mistake    :mad: )  . He's also added his other G-3 to the left antler toward the end of the beam. If you look at the second pic up top, you can see as a 1 1/2yr old, he had a bump out toward the end of his beam.....the new point is in the same place toward the end of the beam....

So it looks like now he's an 8pt., but he'll always be "The Big 7" to me......

I pulled the camera to put it some place else, but I will get it back(or hopefully another) to see if I can get a better picture os him....

One thing I learned over the years that bucks are far more impressive in person than in tc pix....    

He's moving thru the same funnel he's been for the last three years...I have a new tree picked out further into some thicker cover and a good entry to the stand. In the last pic he's 10yds from my tree. The stand will go up next time I go in and the shooting lanes have been cleared since early spring    :pray:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline JoeM

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The Big 7....thru the years....
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 03:57:00 PM »
OCT. 17th can't get here fast enough.  Good luck Hopefully we get to see a hero shot.  Joe
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, its melancholy, and its charm."  Teddy Roosevelt

Offline Dave Bulla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 03:59:00 PM »
Sounds like a good plan waiting to happen.  Keep us posted.
Dave

I've come to believe that the keys to shooting well for me are good form, trusting the bow to do all the work, and having the confidence in the bow and myself to remain motionless and relaxed at release until the arrow hits the mark.

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 01:28:00 PM »
Great picks Curt, I love watching them grow up.

You will get him this year buddy  :archer:  

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 02:53:00 PM »
Hopefully he shows up before 9:30.  Good luck.  Can't wait to see more pics.
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 08:17:00 PM »
I forgot to add...the PM and AM are mixed up on the cam....it was 9:30 am!!!
Curt } >>--->   

Offline Basinboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 08:25:00 PM »
I tried to work on the pic. Got it darker but still hard to see his tines.

I had a big 6 that I got traillcam pics of for 4 years. Never a pic during daylight! I assume he did of old age. Never heard of anyone killing him.
Primal Tech Longbow 42#@26” 62” amo
Palmer Longbow 43#@26" 62" amo
Zona T/D Recurve 48@26" 58" amo
Osage Selfbow 38#@26” 64” amo

PBS Associate Member
Compton Member

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 06:28:00 AM »
Thanx Basinboy...much better that way bud....still ticked about deleting that second pic    :knothead:    :mad:
Curt } >>--->   

Offline kadbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2009, 08:53:00 AM »
Good luck with him.
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Grand Mesa Bowmen
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2009, 01:03:00 PM »
Too cool Curt...
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©