3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I will Loan a Bow for the season  (Read 1370 times)

Offline L. E. Carroll

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: I will Loan a Bow for the season
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2009, 08:09:00 PM »
Guys, I'm not really into the "Clearing House" thing.  I would prefer to personally send my bows to those people who may be in need of one of them.  I think it's great that George and others have joined in on this idea.  

It was said" I hope you don't get burned".  Me too... but the offer is still there. I have only been burnt once.  Luckily, even that one time came to a good conclusion and I got my bow back.  :wavey:
Tall Tines R/C
64 Kodiak
69 Super Kodiak Big River replica
56" 55$# Static Tipped Kwyk Styk
Blacktail Elite
54 dual shelf Compass Kodiak

PBS Associate Member
Traditional Bowhunters of WA.

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2009, 08:13:00 PM »
I'm with you guys.  Just picked up a perfect condition SAIII but that didn't get me as excited as seeing my little brothers face when I gave him my MAII.
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Offline frank bullitt

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2009, 08:30:00 PM »
Hey Gentleman, equipment is great, but as a former unemployed hunter, Being legal as in Licensed to hunt for food for my family is important, also. Don't forget this!

Hunters for the Hungry is a great thing, But for the hunter that has a place to hunt, and the equip., still needs a legal piece of paper to do so to provide for his family! I can grow a garden, without any state help, But to put meat on the table, with the hunting process, the gov has their hand out! Please remember this! Good shootin, Steve

Offline Outwest

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2009, 08:32:00 PM »
Very nice indeed. You gentlemen are very generous.

Hey LE I have plenty of bows but if you would just loan me your Dakota til about the first of December that would be nice as I have always wanted to try one. LOL.

John

Offline SELFBOW19953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2009, 09:47:00 PM »
L.E.,

I wasn't trying to take over your idea or take the personal touch out of it.  Maybe I didn't express myself very well. My intent was to suggest a point of contact for anyone to request a bow and to have the POC refer them to whomever had the bow that best met their needs.  It would still be a one on one deal-the bow owner dealing directly with the person requesting the bow.
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow."  Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Offline Widowbender

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2009, 09:52:00 PM »
:clapper:     :clapper:

David
David

>>>>--TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow-->

Chatham County Chapter NWTF
Chapel Hill Friends of NRA

Offline longbowben

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2009, 10:51:00 PM »
:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
54" Hoots 57@28
60" MOAB 60@28
Gold tip, 160gr Snuffer
TGMM Family of the Bow
USAF 90-96 69TH Bomb Squadron

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2009, 11:21:00 PM »
You guys are great! That's why I love this site and proud too call all of you, Friend!!   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :clapper:
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Offline L. E. Carroll

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2009, 01:01:00 AM »
Originally posted by SELFBOW19953:
L.E.,

I wasn't trying to take over your idea or take the personal touch out of it.  Maybe I didn't express myself very well. My intent was to suggest a point of contact for anyone to request a bow and to have the POC refer them to whomever had the bow that best met their needs.  It would still be a one on one deal-the bow owner dealing directly with the person requesting the bow.
That would work for me... I was thinking you ment something like a Library... where you checked one out.  Or placed an order for one.  :knothead:  

Gene  :wavey:
Tall Tines R/C
64 Kodiak
Blacktail Elite

PBS Associate Member

Offline L. E. Carroll

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2009, 01:11:00 AM »
As far as help with buying tags and lisence for those needing help.... I'm sorry but in my case I'm retired and funds are limited.  

I'm more than willing to help with a bow as they are all paid for and just being neglected on the bow rack  :readit:    :help:  

Gene  :wavey:
Tall Tines R/C
64 Kodiak
Blacktail Elite

PBS Associate Member

Offline twotimer

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2009, 10:11:00 AM »
outstanding.  :thumbsup:    :clapper:
'TGMM FAMILY of THE BOW"at 211 degrees water is hot.at 212 it boils and cause's steam,which can run a locomotive.is it worth that one extra ounce of effort to finish first,the difference between good and great?

Offline Maxflight

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2009, 03:49:00 PM »
Gene, what a wonderful idea that got me to thinking; I have a couple of bows that I know are not going to be leaving the house this hunting season (thanks to a new Old Mahoning Hybrid t/d longbow that I just can't put down).

#45 one-piece longbow with reflex/deflex limbs
#47 Ancient Spirits Thunderhawk t/d recurve

I'll even throw in some GT3555 so you are ready to go.

PM me if anyone interested and we'll make arrangements. I may be overly trusting but I figger if you're a Trad Ganger, that's good enough for me.

Scott
The measure of a man is by his actions, not his words.

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2009, 04:50:00 PM »
Like L.E., we are on a fixed income as well, but I have the equipment to loan, or even give to a needy person.   I know there are folks struggling, and some will not come forward due to pride.  But if you e-mail or PM me, it will be confidential if that's what you want as far as getting the bow.

Offline SELFBOW19953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2009, 07:44:00 PM »
Like L.E. and George, I am also retired (in 10 days), but I have a few of bows I'd loan.  I've been thru the pride thing-and gotten over it, I was on food stamps when I was stationed in Denver in 1971, subsidized lunches at school for the kids, etc., pretty much been there done that. I will gladly loan a bow to a fellow Trad Ganger, genuinely between you and me, not Connie Chung style.  I've got a 52" 65@28 recurve, a 58" 55@28 recurve, a 58" 60@27 longbow, a 64" 60@27 longbow, and a few others.

PM me.
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow."  Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2009, 07:47:00 PM »
:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Offline Yellow Dog

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2009, 08:40:00 PM »
I'll get in on this one. I've been through three Corporate downsizings in the last year and a half and I'm still standing, thank God.

I'll loan a Bear Custom Kodiak Takedown for the fall season to a fellow Tradganger. 60" 45@28. Pay shipping your way and promise to send it back to me in December in the same condition you received it. OK if there's a little blood on it!!!

PM me.

Mike

:goldtooth:    :goldtooth:    :goldtooth:
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline SlowBowke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2009, 10:18:00 PM »
:notworthy:      :notworthy:      :notworthy:  

It is this site, the members in it, and the freindship and trust we share that has enabled me to pick up a 68 Super K and a 67 1/2 Super K the past few months that while not perfect, were FAR less than I ever dreamed.

This was in spite of the fact that I was injured at work, terminated over it, live in pain, in the middle of a legal/work comp/ EEOC MESS with VERY little income and no insurance or medical help (yet). yeah, I've eaten a LOT of baloney this summer!

I've some bear Razorheads, and a half dozen custom woodies that will knock your eyes out spined for several of the bows being offered.

55-60lb, 30 inches long, dipped, crested and TRIPLE sliced right wing helical.

I also have a half dozen full length, doug fir arrows RW fletched with REAL wild turkey feathers, also crested spined for 80-85 available.

You gentlemen handling the "Trad bow loan of 2009" (for I FULLY expect that you have started a TRADiton here and God Bless you for it), are hereby requested to consider these arrows for a possible match for one of your bows and the shooter's draw length and find out if the recipient of the bow needs them and contact me.

I'll stick some photos of them in here tomorrow.

These gentlemen are loaning out precious items to us trad hunters. Those of you with extra arrows???? I invite to join in.

We are nothing if not here for each other.

God bless!
"Beauty is in the eye of the BOWholder" God Bless!!

Offline Kingwouldbe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2009, 12:34:00 AM »
Good on you L.E.

Every thing in this pic came from my Tradgang brothers, after all my hunting gear got ripped off.

Tradgang brothers rock   :thumbsup:

Offline BWD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2009, 12:47:00 AM »
I agree with what George said about pride, and if anyone wants to use the bow I offered, it will be between you and me and the fence post.

Barry
"If I had tried a little harder and practiced a little more, by now I could have been average"...Me

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2009, 01:17:00 AM »
i sure could use a centaur for this elk season   :rolleyes:    :rolleyes:  

:help:  will work for centaur....lol........good job guys...let me know if i can help
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©