3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Morrison ILF brace height  (Read 342 times)

Offline Steel

• Trad Bowhunter
Morrison ILF brace height
« on: August 22, 2009, 10:12:00 PM »
I have been playing around with the brace height and tiller on my new 54" Morrison ILF longbow and was wondering how other Morrison ILF owners are setting up their bows? Thanks for any info.

Offline artifaker1

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Morrison ILF brace height
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 10:36:00 PM »
Bob has a brace height chart on his site.
Mine are much longer limbs than yours (D and E) but I've been keeping them at 6 1/2 to 6 5/8. And any where from 1/16 to 1/4 tiller. I have two sets of limbs and I can shoot anywhere from full length 500s to full length 300s. pretty cool.
Love is fleeting; stone tools are forever

Offline MRD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 10:58:00 AM »
With my Mini 14 and c longbow limbs (56"), around 7" or a little above works well.  With short recurve limbs (54"), also around 7".  Usually even tiller, or slightly positive.  This riser with the recurve limbs is hilariously short, but shoots surprisingly well.  

Mark

Offline Steel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 11:19:00 AM »
Cool Thanks for the info I am shooting around 6.5" brace and tiller about 1/8 less bottom limb. I think I may order a set of "A" recurve limbs to make a 52" bow I have several 54" bows right now they are all I shoot anymore anything else seems huge. I bet a 52" would feel like a toy  :D .

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 02:48:00 PM »
Cody,

I think I am at about 7 1/4 inches too on the brace height for my Mini-14 with C longbow limbs. If I had your shorter draw length, I would opt for a 52 inch bow too, but with a draw of 29 1/2 inches, I would overstress the limbs, break them, and then have Bob upset with me! They are incredible bows. I have to say that I shoot mine as well or better than any other bow I own!

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©