3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Trad recruitment  (Read 604 times)

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Trad recruitment
« on: March 31, 2007, 04:24:00 PM »
Joe and i were out stumping and roving around today, when we walked by my neighbors house he came out and was looking our bows over, i asked him if he wanted to shoot my Hill. He said he would i handed it to him he couldn't believe how light weight it was. He shot at a pop can and came very close to hitting it, i was rather surprised turns out he shoots his compound instinctive. Next thing he says wait here a little later he comes out of the house with three trad bows, all of them capable of killing deer i looked them over he said that he had them since he was 10 or so. Now he;s pumped up about getting them set up again and hunting with them. I think if he hadn't seen and shot my bow they might of just set there for who knows how long, i guess it pays to offer someone a chance to shoot our equipment.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline 702plmo

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Trad recruitment
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 04:28:00 PM »
way to go.   I have almost converted a few buddies  over to trad.   They love shooting my recurve.
No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 04:37:00 PM »
man,,, Cool story way to go,, I love how open minded most traditionalist are.
TGMM

Offline Gordy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 06:32:00 PM »
That's exactly how I came back to the light side of the force  ;)

Was shooting at the range and started chatting with a fellow shooting a longbow. I told him about the old Herters' of my fathers I had started on when I was 12.

He simply told me I should try it again. I did...and haven't looked back. I ran into him a couple years later at a trad shoot and thanked him profusely. He barely remembered me, but I sure remebered him and his comment.  ;)

Nowdays if someone makes a comment or shows a slight interest, I offer them a shot.

The compound guys almost always decline, but I kept a group of 10-12 yo boys entertained for about an hour at the range one day.  :)  

Good work James !  :thumbsup:
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 07:49:00 AM »
... :thumbsup: ... :thumbsup: ... :thumbsup: ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©