3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Slow learner  (Read 227 times)

Offline LKH

• Trad Bowhunter
Slow learner
« on: August 23, 2009, 04:37:00 PM »
I've participated in lots of our discussions regarding tuning carbon's and finally got success with mine.  What I had left over was a bunch of Carbon Express Terminator Hunter's in 4560 and 6075 weights.  They were of various lengths from 27-30" and had numerous different inserts (aluminum) and ones that I had cut down from 100 grain brass.

I also had a bunch of two blade broadheads, mostly Zwickey and Magnus.  These also varied in weight from 117 to 175 grains.

I borrowed a friends electronic grain scale and weighed and marked everything.  
By moving inserts, putting 100 grain brass up front and putting the very heavy broadheads to use, I have come up with great flight for a lot of expensive shafts that I had previously figured for junk.

I know I would never have thought of it without all the discussions I've read here.  Thanks.

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Slow learner
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 05:58:00 PM »
good deal.... you'll get to save some money using old shafts and will have a shaft that will penetrate great! have an excellent season!
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©