3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Favorite pair of boots?  (Read 956 times)

Offline Bakes168

• Trad Bowhunter
Favorite pair of boots?
« on: August 23, 2009, 07:19:00 PM »
What's your favorite pair of boots and why? Waterproof lining? All leather? Insulated?

I am searching for the perfect pair right now.

Zack
"A hunt based only on trophies taken falls short of what the ultimate goal should be...time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and fish that live there"
-Fred Bear

James 2:19-20

USMC Infantry

Offline House

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Favorite pair of boots?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 07:44:00 PM »
Montrail Morraine AT, but sadly they quit making them, have been trying to find another for a couple years and haven't been completely satisfied with any of them.  Have been breaking in a pair of Meindl Perfekt Hunters for the last couple of months and have been happy with them so far, we'll see how they do in 3 weeks when I'm chasing and good Lord willin' packing out elk.
Travis
"Dad I think maybe sometimes you think too much" after an errant shot stump shooting with Cameron, my 5 year old son.

TGMM Family of the Bow
MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 07:48:00 PM »
I had a pair of Danners that I liked. They lasted about 8 years,last 2 years or so they were no longer warm but stll comfy. They never leaked,they were Gortex.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline the ASSASSIN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 07:49:00 PM »
LL BEAN MAINE HUNTING BOOTS, water proof, quite

Offline Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 07:50:00 PM »
Another vote for the Maine hunting boot!

Offline Bakes168

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 07:53:00 PM »
Does anyone wear the logger style boots?
"A hunt based only on trophies taken falls short of what the ultimate goal should be...time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and fish that live there"
-Fred Bear

James 2:19-20

USMC Infantry

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 07:55:00 PM »
I've worn a lot of boots over the 30+ yrs. I have backpacked and hunted here in Oregon. It all comes down to comfort and durability for me. I have been wearing the Asolo 520 and love them. They are waterproof...walked through shallow creeks to try them out. The fit perfect for my foot right out of the box. I have put them through a lot and they are holding well. This will be the 3rd year with them. I can wear them in August through the late hunt here in December. But you really have to try on boots to see if they work for you in the fit department. Some makers of boots just don't make sizes that will fit everyone.
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline arrowflinger1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 07:58:00 PM »
Lowas are unreal! best boots ive ever owned by far............

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2009, 08:36:00 PM »
Muck boots.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline HATCHCHASER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2009, 08:38:00 PM »
I'm digging my Limmer's.
It's not the arrival, it's the journey.

Offline fatman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2009, 08:43:00 PM »
I've got an old pair of U.S. made Danner Sharptails that are the best boots I've owned for 90% of what I do....alas, the Sharptail is no longer US made and has been changed.  Should have bought two pair....  :banghead:
"Better to have that thing and not need it, than to need it and not have it"
Woodrow F. Call

Commitment is like bacon & eggs; the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed....

Offline northener

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2009, 08:50:00 PM »
Irish Setter 10" upland boot. Cordura uppers with leather moccasin toe lowers. I like these because they are waterproof,comfortable (out of the box) with good support and most important to me these days, they are light! Good boot for the money!!
Intellectuals solve problem, geniuses prevent them

Offline John Nail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2009, 09:08:00 PM »
Schnee's
Is it too late to be what I could have been?

Offline stickbow2442

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2009, 09:21:00 PM »
Rocky's
Robert
Michigan Longbow Association
----------------------------

Offline The Vanilla Gorilla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2009, 09:35:00 PM »
Vasque

Offline Paul Shirek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2009, 09:37:00 PM »
I like Schnees!

Offline easyup

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2009, 12:14:00 PM »
Lowa, with gore lining only, although they are leather lined on the interior.  Work great from Alpine forests snow (Sheephunter) in winter to Sept AZ deserts (Baffin).  Almost no break-in and super comfort, the taller Sheephunters have very good ankle support for the rough stuff.  Follow their recommendations for care, a lot of guys put goop on their boots which stop the breathing and makes boots hot in summer and when you sweat, and you do even in the winter, your feet will get cold.  Don't like boots with insulation linings as they are not as efficient as good quality socks at wicking away moisture and keeping your feet dry/warm.  Unless you have got an Alaska hunt coming I would avoid linings.

Offline Grant Young

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2009, 02:51:00 PM »
I have three pairs of Russell's for different conditions and love them. I've been a Russell fan for as long as I can remember.    Grant

Offline AMB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2009, 02:57:00 PM »
I'll second the Russells, I cruise timber and wear boots everyday.  I basically got sick of the made in china crap and decided that I would pay for quality and for someone in the US to have a job.  They are the most comfortable boots that I've ever worn.  If you take care of the leather, you can have them rebuilt for many years to come.  If you just hunt in them, I can't see you wearing them out.

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2009, 03:10:00 PM »
Different boots, different situations. Bean boots are great at times (stalking, mild to medium temps, damp); LaCrosse boots are great early season for keeping scent off the ground; muck boots are super when it's cold. I think my most versatile boots are Rocky Gore Tex stalkers, with 400 gm thinsulate. They fit me well, are light and waterproof and a little warm.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©