3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: GFA v/s Arrow Master  (Read 593 times)

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
GFA v/s Arrow Master
« on: August 23, 2009, 08:43:00 PM »
Getting ready to drop some coin on a new quiver.  I do not like bow quivers and am either going with the GFA or Arrow Master.  Opinions please.
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Offline Matt D.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: GFA v/s Arrow Master
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 09:13:00 PM »
I haven't tried the GFA, so can't comment on it. I'm using the Arrow Master now, and can't say enough good things about it. It's the only quiver I have ever used that felt natural from day one. Pulling arrows from it is easy, it's light, and never hangs up on anything while tromping through thick brush. I also like the pocket for holding extra gear.

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 09:19:00 PM »
I know how you feel. I just could never get used to bow quivers. Seemed to destroy the balance of the bow for me. I have been using the GFA quiver for the last 3 seasons and really like it. But, really like the looks of the Arrow Master. I like the idea of the pocket for extra gear. Might be able to do away with my back pack then. Since I don't carry all that much. Might have to give it a try.

Bill

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 09:23:00 PM »
I'm most interested in the "holding" of the arrows.  The GFA has two arrow grippers, the AM none.  Does that make it noisy?  Do the BH's touch and dull?
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 09:31:00 PM »
Kyle,
Like I said I use the GFA. The arrows are secured solidly, no noise, and no dulling of broadheads. Great Quiver!!!  :thumbsup:  

Bill

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 09:41:00 PM »
Thats what I'm thinking.  With a fletching cover its still a lot cheaper.

Offline Autumnarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 10:43:00 PM »
I use a GFA. It holds the arrows securely, and if the rubber get s little worn you can adjust the tightness of the grip on the arrow by tightenting down the little screws. Its lightweight, and you can adjust the strap so it rides where you want it to. Its also half the price of the AM.

I do like the looks of the AM, but I love my GFA and really see no need to switch. I've used it all through deer season, carried it on 3 elk hunts and never once had a problem with it, even going through some nasty thick oak brush.
...stood alone on a montaintop, starin out at a great divide, I could go east, I could go West, it was all up to me to decide, just then I saw a young hawk flyin and my soul began to rise......

Offline Mike Orton

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 12:11:00 AM »
I am one who has tried the GFA and thought it was just an "Okay" contraption. I didn't like the fact that the fletching was exposed.  My feathers got damp an soggy in the rain and they flagged movement with every step I took.

I bought an Arrowmaster and have found my home in that quiver.  The arrowmaster is a quality piece of equipment that is well thought out and uses quality materials.  There is just a slight amount of curvature to the quiver which holds the arrows steady without rattle, my fletchings are covered and no longer flag with each movement and I've never had a wet soggy feather, despite hunting in some incredible rain storms.  In my opinion the Arrowmaster has solved the problems/disappointments I found in the GFA Quiver.

The pocket on the Arrowmaster is just the right size for some broadhead sharping equipment and a zip lock baggie containing my hunting license and tags.  Again, a well thoughtout design....leads a guy to think that just maybe that Rod guy might have some time behind a bow and maybe just knows what he's doing.

Personally I've customized my Arrowmaster by adding two knife sheaths and an axe sheath for my Gransfors Bruks hunter's axe.  All very secure and right at my fingertips.  Wears well with a backpack too.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline kshunter55

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 03:54:00 AM »
Anything GFA has made is sure to be quality never puts out any bad equipment probally the best reputation in the traditional bowhunting world.
"The more you put into something, the more you get out of it"  Rick "Rooster" Dirks

Andy Dirks

Offline kshunter55

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2009, 03:56:00 AM »
many people don't remember what fred did for the sport but he has fought for all of use for along time and he has my respect and i have never even met the man.
"The more you put into something, the more you get out of it"  Rick "Rooster" Dirks

Andy Dirks

Offline Rick James

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 05:21:00 AM »
Where can one see an Arrowmaster quiver at?
"The credit goes to him who is in the arena, whose face is marred by sweat and blood, who, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat." T Roosevelt

Offline onewhohasfun

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2009, 05:37:00 AM »
Safari Tuff in the sponsors list
Tom

Online champ38

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009, 05:46:00 AM »
A question for AM owners : How do you put an arrow back in your quiver without taking the quiver off of your back ?
56" Shrew Classic Carbon 68@29
58" 2-P Centaur Cabon Elite 57@29

Offline SHOOTO8S

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2009, 06:33:00 AM »
2004 IBO World Champion

Offline bushytail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2009, 07:42:00 AM »
I had a Bear delta style quiver.Put a strap on it.I had myself a GFA quiver.I tryed it on a couple of 3D shoots to see how it felt.Didn`t like.It moved around to much and i felt like the fletching would be waving to the critters that i would be hunting.I also had to use both hands to get a arrow out,One to hold the hood while the other hand to pull the arrow out of the gripper.Because the quiver moved around to much when i tryed to get the arrow out.I like my quiver on the bow.
Harold Wetzler

Offline jcar315

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2009, 07:57:00 AM »
I am another GFA quiver user and I really like mine alot. I used a Cat Quiver before this and the GFA blows the CQ away IMO. Love the adjustments you can make to it and being able to just swing it around as I need to is awesome. Big thumbs up for a great product.
Proud Dad to two awesome Kids and a very passionate pig hunter.

Right handed but left eye dominant.

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM  Family of the Bow"

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2009, 08:04:00 AM »
The big complaint seems to be the fletching not being covered.  A cover is a cheap easy solution.  So far its GFA by a longshot.

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2009, 08:26:00 AM »
Many years ago I converted an old Delta bow quiver to what is now the GFA. I  must have used it 20 years or more. I had problems with it using a back pack...noisy. And I found that turkeys could easily see my bright fletching. I got an Arrrow Master and really love it. The two best features I like about it are that the arrows are completely covered and are, therefore, protected from the weather and beeing seen and secondly it is the best quiver I have found for use with a back pack. I still have my GFA type quivers and use them at shoots and my wife loves hers and doesn't see a need for the Arrow Master. I use them interchangeably. I also like the way the AM allows you to get an arrow out. The GFA, with the grips can sometimes cause too much motion. I like both quivers and like most things each one has its trade offs....but if I had to choose I probably would go with the AM....at least today. My only real complaint about the AM is that the foam in the bottom of the quiver could be denser and less prone to wear and tear of the bhs being taken in and out.
By the way, I have made and used fletch covers for my GFA type quivers and have lost every one on them due to the brush pulling them off. Bottom line is that they are both very good quivers so your personal needs should prevail. If you use a back pack or day pack then, for me, the AM gets the nod.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline 47pronghorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2009, 08:50:00 AM »
Another vote for the Arrow Master. I bought a GFA and an AM recently, the GFA will be getting sent back or sold. AM is great!

Offline Barney

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2009, 09:05:00 AM »
GFA for a couple years now. Sometimes use a fletch cover. I've loaned it to a couple people who have since bought their own.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©