3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Funny Story  (Read 577 times)

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
Funny Story
« on: August 23, 2009, 10:45:00 PM »
My game camera caught some knuckle head stealing it. I had it set-up on a field edge about 200 yards off the road. The guy was given permission to hunt the property by me just last week. Anyway he tried removing the camera from the tree to no avail, due to I had it lagged into the tree. So he must of walked back to his truck to get tools. Because I have pictures of his first attempt to take it then about 30 minutes later he returned with hammer and pry bar in hand.
 Anyway I take my four year old daughter out to change the memory card and needless to say I was very upset when my camera was gone. So my daughter and I are walking back out and she is asking me a million "why" questions. One of those time you don't know the answers. As we are walking out we always make it a habit to pick up trash and clean up debris on the field edges. I notice along the road where it looks as if someone pulled into the field and was in a hurry to leave. Doing a little turffing on the way out. As we approach the marks my daughter bends over and picks up some trash and low and behold it is my camera card.
 I am thinking what are the chances. So I put a call into one of my buddies which happen to be a State Police Officer. He meets me at he house and we review the camera card and the story unfolded as told before. The dates,times and a good quality camera retained all the information that was needed. Including a couple of those I wonder if this camera works pictures. I pressed charges for theft of personal property and destruction of personal property. Also plan on pressing charges for the damage to the grass(Turffing). This guy thought he was slick but his fingers must have been just a little to slippery.
 I just want to share the story for those of us who work extremely hard for what we have. There is some justice. Wish I could share some of the pics. Thanks for reading,Ed
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline saltwatertom

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Funny Story
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 10:48:00 PM »
Way to go!! Press as many charges as you can, good luck.  :thumbsup:  Glad you caught him.
"There is always luck about, for those willing to look for it"

Offline longbowben

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 10:49:00 PM »
Thats great throw the book at him.  :clapper:
54" Hoots 57@28
60" MOAB 60@28
Gold tip, 160gr Snuffer
TGMM Family of the Bow
USAF 90-96 69TH Bomb Squadron

Offline Shore08

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 10:55:00 PM »
Awesome ending to a potentially sad story. Hope they throw the book at him!

Offline Mo. Huntin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 10:58:00 PM »
What a jerk its a good thing you knew who he was.  That is awesome.  I know a guy who was having stuff stolen around his hunting cabin so he put a game camera in the cabin facing out.  The camera snapped 2 pictures of the thief walking by with some stuff he stole and then  the idiot came up and looked in the window and the camera snapped a perfect picture.  He knew who the guy was so he showed him the pictures and he never had problems with him again.

Offline Mike Mecredy

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 11:03:00 PM »
Not the sharpest tool in the shed was he?
TGMM Family of the bow
USAF, Retired
A.C.B.C.S.

Online Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 11:05:00 PM »
:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:  Congrats for nailing the so and so.  An idiot ripped off my cabin last summer.  Among other things, he stole a set of modest elk antlers.  Cops caught him trying to pawn them.  He's in jail now.  Sometimes we win.

Offline Toecutter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 11:21:00 PM »
COngratulations!!!  That's the sweetest happy ending I've heard of in a long time.  Finally, score one for the good guys  :clapper:  

Nathan
"To be what we are, and to become what we are capable of becoming, is the only end of life." RLS

Offline kadbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2009, 11:44:00 PM »
What a dumb a$$, glad you nailed him.
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Grand Mesa Bowmen
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline homerdave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2009, 01:27:00 AM »
you know, i have heard that some cameras fit just fine in a birdhouse... looking out  :biglaugh:
tell me how close you got, not how far you shot

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 01:37:00 AM »
GOOD WORK!  I like it. Let us know what the guys face looked like when he sees the pictures of himself.

And a tip of the hat for picking up trash in the woods !!! Good thing to pass onto our sons and daughters.

:thumbsup:
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2009, 01:41:00 AM »
Glad you caught him. Sad that hunting in general has come to that.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009, 06:00:00 AM »
Talk to the trooper and see if he can get the guy community service, to be done right during the hunting season. I'm sure that will teach him a lesson   :thumbsup:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline VTer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2009, 06:37:00 AM »
I love it! I'd go take another picture of him when he's behind bars and show it to future prospects that might want to hunt there.
Schafer Silvertip 66#-"In memory", Green Mountain Longbow 60#, Hill Country Harvest Master TD 59#

"Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible."
    - Doug Lawson.

Offline Smallwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2009, 09:36:00 AM »
make sure you tell your neighbors that gave him permission to hunt their property, so they can tell him not to come back!

Offline Blasterjdh

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2009, 09:45:00 AM »
Good to hear there was a semi-happy ending to this story. Sad that some individuals feel the need to do this sort of thing - and that was after permission to hunt was given ! I can not imagine what thoughts go thru someone's mind when they are messing with gear that does not belong to them..

Good story..

JDH
EOD Motto: Initial Success or Total Failure

Offline huntindad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2009, 10:21:00 AM »
I hate thieves,that is an awesome story.That guy is a real genius huh.Nice that after the questions your daughter had the idiot answered the most important one ,why we shouldn't take others things. Bill
The days spent hunting cannot be deducted from  the span of your life's time.

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2009, 11:26:00 AM »
Hey, where are the trophy pics? LOL. Kidding, of course. Glad you found out before he got more stuff...
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2009, 12:53:00 PM »
Judging by the size of BigEd, I'm guessing the guy got off real lucky!

Glad you caught him Ed! It is a shame that this kind of stuff happens.

Offline tradwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2009, 01:13:00 PM »
EXCELLENT!
I've always been afraid of what i might do to someone steeling from me!
Good one!
Rob

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©