3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Flemish string question  (Read 697 times)

Flemish string question
« on: August 24, 2009, 03:07:00 PM »
I notice once in a while that folks say they "pad" their string loops-- why? And how? Anybody know?

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Flemish string question
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 03:58:00 PM »
I pad my loops because I shoot 10 strand strings and they fit better on my tips, but some people think they make a quiter bowstring.  Just what I hear.
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Offline p1choco

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 04:09:00 PM »
Padding string loops spreads the pressure across a wider area making for less stress on the limb tips and also quiets a bow a little.  It's done by placing short strands of string material where you would twist up the loops on a flemish string or serve loops on a endless string.  Padding loops is usually done on skinny strings ie. an 8 strand of 8125 string with loops padded to 16.  Hope this answers your question.
Patriotism is easy to understand in America; it means looking out for yourself by looking out for your country.

- Calvin Coolidge

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 05:32:00 PM »
Like alot the reasons stated,I like to pad my loop ends to make them a larger diameter filling the string grooves better.I feel it helps to spread the load and make a quieter string.It probably not really necessary with the tips used on bows,like micarta or phonelic.I have been padding my loops for years.I just add a few strands about 12" long to the end of the string before I start twisting it up.I'll pad with the same color and type string or I'll even pad them with dacron.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©