3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What do you do with the meat?  (Read 754 times)

Offline saumensch

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What do you do with the meat?
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2009, 06:20:00 AM »
sharing and exchanging it is.
some go fishing, some have big gardens, some even raise chicken or pigs etc.
as mentioned above, its the best way to always have the best food of the season for almost free and it strengthens community.
And sometimes our dreams they float like anchors in hopeless waters oh way down here
Sometimes it seems that all that matters most are all the things that you can't keep
(William Elliot Whitmore)

Offline Morning Star

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2009, 11:13:00 AM »
Some one mentioned barter, that's a great idea.  I just lined up a deal to trade one Doe for a bunch of ducks and geese.   Lot's of hardcore waterfowlers in my area....
Iowa Bowhunters Association - Your voice in Iowa's bowhunting and deer hunting issues!

Offline darb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2009, 11:44:00 AM »
I think someone mentioned canned vegetables, which got me to thinking.  If you have excess meat you can always cook it and store it that way.

Back in my wheelie days (when I had more time and killed more deer)my Mother in Law used to jar up cooked stew meat in a broth with onions and mushrooms.  It is a phenominal, quick meal- just heat up and pour over rice or noodles and didnt take up the precious freezer space.

As far as that cat deal goes, that is just one more example of how irrational some of the enviro folks are.  They just don't truly get it....Oh well.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©