3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Fundraiser Auction 3 of 3, benefiting Kayla Carlson Timber Ghost w/ 2 sets of limbs  (Read 844 times)

Offline Drew

• Trad Bowhunter
This is the third auction to raise money for the daughter and family of Leroy “GoldenHawk” Carlson.  Leroy was a friend to many, and a person who loved to watch bow limbs bend and the arrows flight.  He was loved by many, not just for his personality, his ability to spin a great string, or his addiction to buying, selling, and trading bows, but for his big heart and true caring for the people who make up Tradgang. Sadly Leroy took his own life in May of 2008.

We hope this auction will raise some much needed money for Kayla and Chester, and to honor our departed friend by passing on a few possessions he loved. If you ever had the chance to hunt or shoot with Leroy you know the passion he held for bows and hunting. So in memory of a good friend we offer the following for auction:

“Timber Ghost” 3pc bow RH  56” tip to tip unstrung.
It has the inscription “Ituksum 2007” which I believe is where Leroy went Bear Hunting. The riser always has his name on it.
The riser appears to be Bocate and Osage.
The Long bow limbs are Bocate veneer and are marked 53#@29”
The Recurve limbs feature Curly Maple veneers and are marked 54#@28”.
We do not have strings for this bow. This is a beautiful bow and I do believe the bowyer is no longer making them. (If anyone has any more info about this bow please feel free to add your comments)

The auction will start on 8/25 and end on Monday 8/31 at 10:00 PM EST.  The highest bid at the end of the auction will be declared the winner.  ***Payment must be a Money order made out to Chester Carlson, and mailed to Tim Fishell 37 W. 34th Street, Holland MI. 49423.***    

The Bow and limbs will be shipped from Joe Lasch (Whip) at Prairie Traditions upon verification of payment. (All the bows will ship once Chester verifies he receives the money orders)

We sincerely hope that people bid high to honor a friend and to help his family, as LeRoy was always willing to help others.  A special thanks to Terry and the moderators of TG for allowing us to do this, and to Sue and Joe for all their help and support!

Thanks for your understanding and best of luck to the highest bidder.
Tim Fishell & Drew Vincent.

Keep shooting straight Bro!

Just a Coyote Soul out wandering...

Offline S. Brant Osborn

• Trad Bowhunter
$600

Brant
"I'm the proud son of a Vietnam Vet and proud to be Made in America!"

Offline Drew

• Trad Bowhunter
:notworthy:  

Thanks Brant not only for stepping up to get this started but putting out a great bid!
Just a Coyote Soul out wandering...

Offline Talondale

• Trad Bowhunter
I was just sharpening a knife last night that was given to me by Leroy and remembering his kindness to a new convert.

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
:thumbsup:  Thanks Drew,Tim and to all who are making this happen for Leroys family. Leroy was a great trad bud, shared our campfire, and is surely missed. I'll never forget the funny bear story...He always stood behind his deals and usually added something extra..... thanks again to all!
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks for posting this Drew!!  We are off to a great start!!   :thumbsup:
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline houseman

• Trad Bowhunter
ttt.  I miss pal
Semper Fi

Offline Lewis Brookshire III

• Trad Bowhunter
can we get a picture of the bow strung with both sets of limbs.
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."
- Jim Elliot: Missionary/Martyr.

Offline heydeerman

• Trad Bowhunter
Lewis....he said he had no strings for the bow.  :knothead:   If the winning bidder will contact me I'll make em a longbow and recurve string out of TS1 Plus for this bow.

Offline S. Brant Osborn

• Trad Bowhunter
I will be glad to call you when I win his bow!  HA!  Besides Mr Lewis, you would probably enjoy the RER more  go ahead and bid on that one!  HA!
Brant

Offline Pinecone

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
...Not so fast, Brant.  I'm thinking $650  :wavey: !

Claudia
Pinecone

Offline Lewis Brookshire III

• Trad Bowhunter
LOL, I didnt read the string part....I was too busy drooling over the bow!
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."
- Jim Elliot: Missionary/Martyr.

Offline S. Brant Osborn

• Trad Bowhunter
Just think about it.  You dont have to comit yourself until lets say August 32nd of Neverwary!

I need to go count my pennies, BUT I SHALL RETURN!
B.

Offline heydeerman

• Trad Bowhunter
Ya know...this is an auction and I'd like to help out. I offered the strings but it would be nice if the winner threw something in as part of the auction. Every little bit would help. If the winner choses to not do so they still get the strings but now you'll feel bad.

I am a little limited in colors but you'll get 2 well made strings that will look good on that bow. Silencers included.

Offline Pinecone

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Okay...I'll be waiting!
Pinecone

Offline S. Brant Osborn

• Trad Bowhunter

Hey Pinecone!  You made me loose my count! Now I have to start over.

I'll be back Missy.  But I will let you sweat awhile.  Besides, I need to size up Lewis.
B.

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
Jim, thanks for helping out with the strings buddy!!  We are already doing more than I thought we would.  But then again people on this site never cease to amaze me.    :thumbsup:  

Claudia, you are just awesome!!   :notworthy:
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline S. Brant Osborn

• Trad Bowhunter
Don't agg her on man!  This is war!  I may even have to let the female of the house know that I may or may not be needing a little extra money of said endever that I may or may not tell her about.  That will be trickey!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©