3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Fundraiser Auction 3 of 3, benefiting Kayla Carlson Timber Ghost w/ 2 sets of limbs  (Read 845 times)

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
Good luck Brant!!  I have had to dodge the woman of the house many times when it comes to bows!!   :scared:    :knothead:
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Lewis Brookshire III

• Trad Bowhunter
I am trying to figure this out.....I really have my eye on another bow right now, but......this one looks REEEEAL good and goes to a great cause....hmmmm....decisions, decisions...
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."
- Jim Elliot: Missionary/Martyr.

Offline Drew

• Trad Bowhunter
Lewis I will see what pics I have left at work in the AM, I don't believe we have a pic of the bow with both sets of limbs mounted...and Joe is off on a month long hunt and the bows are boxed up ready to ship.

Jim, I can cover the cost of the strings if you would like.

Thank you Claudia, you guys are amazing!
Just a Coyote Soul out wandering...

Offline Lewis Brookshire III

• Trad Bowhunter
Drew, thanks but I am out of the game.

Samuel, dont worry about me, I firmed up the purchase on the bow I brought up in my previous post. So you and Claudia can battle it out.
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."
- Jim Elliot: Missionary/Martyr.

Offline S. Brant Osborn

• Trad Bowhunter
Aw man that's no fun.  Glad you got something you want though.

As for the strings, if I win the bid I will pay for them myself Jim.  I think the colors you have will be just fine.  Take that Claudia!

I hope you use a good antiperspirant because when I get dne rolling this change, girl it is going to be on!
"I'm the proud son of a Vietnam Vet and proud to be Made in America!"

Offline heydeerman

• Trad Bowhunter
Drew,

No charge on the strings, no money for me. Just add a little to the auction.

Offline Pinecone

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
LOL!  I've been working out in preparation for bow season, so I think I can handle the rigors of a good auction.  Let the climb begin!   :bigsmyl:  

Claudia
Pinecone

Offline sunny hill archer

• Trad Bowhunter
The old order is passing. Swiftly receding into memory are the days of strong, earnest men who followed an atavistic yearning to pit their skills against wild animals.

Billy Ellis

Offline Drew

• Trad Bowhunter
:notworthy:   Thank you!!!
Just a Coyote Soul out wandering...

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
The climb just got a lot more altitude.

Nice job!
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
Michael, you are the man!!   :thumbsup:    :notworthy:

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
See what you all went and did, you woke up the sleeping giant. Now the altitude sickness starts. Good on you Sunnyhill.  :thumbsup:
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline S. Brant Osborn

• Trad Bowhunter
Hey Claudia, where did this guy come from?
Now I new that I had my work cut out for me with you, but this is going to take drastic measures.  I have an appointment at the lab today to make a plasma sale, then it's over to all my friends houses to check their sofa cushions.....I'll be back, I think.
B.

And oh yeah Mike, Way to go!

Offline sunny hill archer

• Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by S. Brant Osborn:

And oh yeah Mike, Way to go!
Hi B. It's Michael

The old order is passing. Swiftly receding into memory are the days of strong, earnest men who followed an atavistic yearning to pit their skills against wild animals.

Billy Ellis

Offline S. Brant Osborn

• Trad Bowhunter
Sorry about that sir.  It is hard to type right now as I cant see too good through one eye now that it is beginning to swell.  Spousal unit caught me about to up your bid.  She says  that it is time to back away.  But she is willing to forward a donation.  So Mike it looks like you have to take on Miss Pinecone.

Hero's and Legends....  As of now you are my hero,  if you get that bid out of the triple digits you will be a legend.
B.

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
Got to love a guy that isnt affraid to outbid himself!!  You are the man Michael!!   :thumbsup:    :notworthy:

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Pinecone

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Gee whiz...sunny hill, where did you come from?!  You sir, get the nod for a great bid   :thumbsup: !  Bravo!    :notworthy:  

Claudia
Pinecone

Offline AR RidgeRunner

• Trad Bowhunter
I built the bow for Leroy. The riser is made from a block of locally grown Osage he sent me. I think Ituksum was the name of the place he bear hunted in Canada, he invited me to go on the bear hunt that year but I couldn't make it. I never met Leroy in person but through several phone conversations he seemed like a great guy.
If anyone has any questions on the bow I'd be glad to answer them.

Kent Roberts

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
:notworthy:    :notworthy:    :notworthy:  

You guys are unbelievable!!
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline heydeerman

• Trad Bowhunter
Kent,

I would like to know the recommended brace height for both the longbow and recurve limbs and are they good for modern strings?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©