3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Samick Mind 30 Recurve bow  (Read 1426 times)

Offline Lemont

• Trad Bowhunter
Samick Mind 30 Recurve bow
« on: March 31, 2007, 10:41:00 PM »
i would like to know if this is a decent bow for the money and if i am asking in the wrong forum i appologize and would someone point me in the right direction thanks Lemont
Lee

Offline John57

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Samick Mind 30 Recurve bow
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 04:57:00 AM »
For the money their a good bow,but keep in mind their not a high priced custom.
I know two guys that own them and their quite reliable but not out standing in any department.
You can put the limbs from just about any other Samick recuve on them if your looking for more or less length or poundage.
The grip is a bit fat for me,but that's what wood rasps an sand paper were made for.
Cheers.

Offline traditional beagle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 08:05:00 AM »
I shot one of my friends and was impressed with the performance. No not the great quality of a custom bow but will do the job. If you are new to trad. then it would be a excellent bow to start with. These bows will probably shoot just as good as the archer can shoot. A high priced custom bow does not make you a better archer. I think some people think a 1000 dollar bow will make them a 1000 dollar archer.

Offline Falk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 12:36:00 PM »
I owened a Mind 30 (60#@28). Bought it new, maybe 15 years ago and it was used pretty much. Never had any probs with it. Passed it down to my youngest brother who is now winning 3-D tournaments with it in a constant rate.
It's pretty fast but being only 58" it stacks a bit at full draw - depending on your drawlenght of course. I don't know if they changed anything since then - probably they did. But the old model I am talking about is/was well worth the money spend.

Offline Lemont

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 04:27:00 PM »
thanks for the info fellows i went on ahead and bought one 55@28" i only draw about 26.5 to 27 so it should be right around 48 to 52 and thats about what i was wanting i gave 112.50 for it new so i felt like that was a fair deal well see won't be the first money i wasted if i dont like it what yall think about take down long bows? think it was a good price? thanks Lee
Lee

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©