3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New to me Brack Non-Typical  (Read 381 times)

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: New to me Brack Non-Typical
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2009, 02:38:00 PM »
Waldo,

The Peerless, according to Bill, is not as fast as a Quest but is quiet and stable. He designed it to be this way in the lower poundage as the Quest really shines at 55# and above he wanted a recurve that would perform well at the lower poundage and this is where the Peerless really shines. Hope I got that right,LOL. I am no techy but Bill is a master at what he does. Also the Peerless has a bit of deflex in the riser.

Danny
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New to me Brack Non-Typical
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2009, 04:03:00 PM »
The Peerless could be as fast or faster than the Quest when shooting a 10 gpp arrow, and Bill originally intended to design it that way. He also wanted to have the stiffer, more stable static tips so that they would not twist as easily in low poundage bows. Because there is always a tradeoff between velocity and other factors, Bill decided to go for the combined advantages of accuracy, low noise, and stability at a slight sacrifice of velocity, but not much. What he got is almost a target bow that shoots exceptionally well in hunting and 3D situations. It also will accommodate longer draw lengths with a shorter bow compared to a Quest. You guys need to remember that Bill was an Olympic target archer, so he is prone to building bows that shoot very accurately, whether on the range or in the field. The Peerless does that and is still very fast. Both Danny and I have talked to Bill about the bow and its design; however, I have shot the bow a lot, and Danny will get that chance soon, but has not done so yet. He will almost certainly have a somewhat different impression of the bow after he has shot it. Just hearing about it does not do the bow justice. I think Danny will want a Peerless over a Quest even in a higher poundage bow. Danny's statements about the bow seem to be a reasonably accurate account of what Bill told me, but the bow needs to be shot to understand the impact of the design. Lance Coleman shot the Peerless prototype quite a bit before me, so he would definitely have some good input if he chose to give it.

The Peerless is outstanding, but there are many other great bows out there too. None of them are made by space aliens with intellects far beyond those of mere humans who created them from materials not available to us here on earth. People may like the particular brands and models of bows they own better than they would like a Peerless. I am not saying the Peerless is the best bow out there, any more than I am saying my Morrisons, Shrews, Blacktails, ACS CX, my other Brackenburys or the other bows on my rack are the best. I like them all. The Peerless just works well for me, and it is my favorite Brack bow of all, which is why I changed my order to get one.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©