3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What is going on??  (Read 176 times)

Offline acadian archer

• Trad Bowhunter
What is going on??
« on: August 27, 2009, 07:28:00 PM »
Was shooting arrows which were bareshafted and they shot great. I originally thought they were 29" but they were actually 31 inch with 95 grain tips (1916XX7750 and they flew light darts before my injury.

After recovering I bought 29" 1916 and put 125 grain tips on. Seemed to shoot ok. put some 125 grain Steel Force broadheads and seemed to be getting decent flight the last week or so. Went out tonight, light winds, and they are "swirling" on the way to target and seem to be hitting with nock end to the left. Even my fieldpoints were doing it.

I'm a right hand shooter 41 lbs at 28, 5 inch feathers. I must mention that I am recovering from a broken elbow also, perhaps my draw length has increased since I am recovering. The brace height on my recurve seems unchanged from yesterday. Not sure if it's mechanics or the arrows. Tomorrow I will try shooting some old wooden arrows50-55lbs that were flying straight last winter to see how they fly

bear season starts in 17 days so I need to resolve this problem quick. New broadheads are out of the question as I still have 9 broadheads in the package but I would be willing to go to carbons as aluminiums are hard to get where I live so ordering in may not be an option.

any suggestions.
44# Chek mate Hunter II

"shoot what you like, like what you shoot"

Offline Don Stokes

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: What is going on??
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 11:48:00 AM »
Going from 31" to 29" would make them too stiff, even increasing the point weight by 30 grains. Assuming your draw is the same.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Ben Franklin

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©