3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 17 days to opener  (Read 185 times)

Offline swampthing

• Trad Bowhunter
17 days to opener
« on: August 28, 2009, 05:40:00 PM »
Well the time is near for the whitetail opener here in NH. I had some good luck with my 54# Wesley Special during a boar hunt this past spring, but, something just didn't seem "right"
     A 70# Wesley I used during the late season the previous year was all I needed, but somehow, someway I convinced myself that I did not need 850g arrows and a 70# bow for the type of hunting that I do. So off went the 70# for a 54# Hill, then a curve, then back to a 55# Hill. With the Hill Bow in hand I'm under the impression that I'm "ready" , not invincible or B. Ferguson but "ready"  
     Somehow 55#'s, though, did'nt seem right. Made it seem as though I was not ready for the boars that I love to hunt.  Even though that weight is plenty for them.
     So 5-lams of 68" tempered bamboo to the tune of 75#'s, a hard piece of Gaboon Ebony, some black glass, and 850g tapered Hickory wearing 190g Grizzlys, named after my daughter is now here to fix what was not broken in the first place. 17days + a few hours till "season"

Offline nurayb

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 17 days to opener
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 05:49:00 PM »
That oughta work

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 17 days to opener
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 11:39:00 PM »
Never a doubt. Hap

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement