3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Do you have a saying or prayer or good luck charm you take afield?  (Read 253 times)

Offline imskippy

• Trad Bowhunter
Many recent events in my life have kind of gotten me to look at life with more of a purpose. I feel this year will be the year I harvest my first animal with traditional gear. Not because I plan on putting in more time or change the way I do things, I just have that feeling. You know the one right? Kind of like I need to be there to make the connection, almost like a spiritual feeling if you will.

It's well know that we all come from differnt walks of life and religions etc.. I've seen or heard many different lines but I'm wondering if you all will share with the rest of us what you say or do each time you enter the woods or harvest an animal. Kind of like a saying or prayer you say or a good luck charm you carry.

A few buddies I used to hunt with would all tell each other to "shoot straight" or "whack em and stack em". Thats about as far as I've ever gone, but it just doesn't seam to fit my new outlook on life.  Thanks for sharing. Skippy

Oh and I used to have a tshirt that I always wore under my camos.
Zona Custom T/D #1
Zona Custom R/D L/B #1

Offline Jake Fr

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Do you have a saying or prayer or good luck charm you take afield?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 02:11:00 PM »
i always prayed for a great day in the feild as the sun came up. Maybe just cause it's my favorite time of day i don't know but it made my day better anyway.

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 02:12:00 PM »
I have carried a Brooks Bow holder in my pack since the early 60's. They became the Fred Bear bow holder in the late 60's and I always thank the LORD for one more day to bowhunt.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Offline stickbow2442

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 02:27:00 PM »
Whenever I get a deer or any other animal I feel a little saddened and I take a little time to think about what God has made, and how he has given us dominion over the animals. And I always thank God for the harvest.
Robert
Michigan Longbow Association
----------------------------

Offline Russ Clagett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 02:46:00 PM »
I always thank the Lord for the blessing of salvation, and the ability to hunt what He has provided for me...........

Offline Horne Shooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 02:58:00 PM »
I was hunting last year in a Double Bull blind and I had my nephew Aaron there with me.  He had arrowed a doe earlier on the trip and he wanted to sit with me for that particular hunt.  A big 8 point came walking down the trail and we could both see him for quite some time before he was in bow range.  I ended up making the shot and we both worked out the blood trail just before a big rain.  That night he said "Uncle Paul, were you praying before you took the big eight?"  I told him "yes, I was praying to make a good shot and thanking God for the opportunity to take such a beautiful animal."  I think it made quite an impression on him as I didn't even know that he noticed that I had my head bowed and my eyes closed a litte before the shot"...
Live every day like its your last, one day you'll be right.

Offline mscampbell75

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2009, 03:02:00 PM »
As I am walking to the stand, I say a little prayer to myself.  I thank God for giving me the opportunity to be able to hunt and enjoy His creation.  And to have a safe and accident free time in the woods.

I didnt always do that, I just ran to the woods and hoped a big deer would come my way.  Now its more about the hunt rather than the deer.  For me, getting older and understanding what a blessing is to be ABLE to do the things I enjoy the most, has definetly changed my outlook on hunting.  Even better, my kids are getting to the age that I can start sharing my passion w/ them.
Psalm 86:11   Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.

Black Creek Banshee T/D  49#@28
Iron Mountain R/D Longbow  53#@28
70's Bear Kodiak Hunter 45#@28

Offline HATCHCHASER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2009, 03:16:00 PM »
No saying or specific prayer.  I just talk to God like normal.  I will say that there is seldom a time that I feel closer to God than sunrise on the mountain top or trout stream.  It's hard to see that and say we don't serve a mighty and gracefull God.
It's not the arrival, it's the journey.

Offline Mallardstacker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2009, 06:00:00 PM »
Just like Hatchchaser,  I always feel closest to God when I'm out in the wilderness and I give thanks for the opportunity every time.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©