3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Removing Muzzy Phantom Bleeders?  (Read 224 times)

Offline FrozenFew

• Trad Bowhunter
Removing Muzzy Phantom Bleeders?
« on: August 29, 2009, 03:31:00 PM »
I figure to kill an animal with these all one has to do is hand it to the prey and ask him to remove the bleeders for you!  Anyone have a trick for getting them out to sharpen? (using the 220 grain stainless)

Offline Ringneck

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Removing Muzzy Phantom Bleeders?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 05:10:00 PM »
Go to the muzzy site, I think they have a video there if I remember correctly. The way I have been going recently I wouldn't bank on it!

Offline just_a_hunter

• Corporate Sponsor
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 07:24:00 PM »
Get two pair of needle nose pliers and make sure all force given to broad head is diverted away from your body or fingers. That way if you slip, the momentum of the slip will cut nothing but air.

It's tricky, but thats what I've found best. I quit using them just because of this.... Great head though.

Todd
"Before you get down on yourself  because you don't have the things you want, think of all the things you DON'T want that you don't have."

You'll notice the "luckiest" elk hunters have worn out boots.

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 09:39:00 AM »
I unscrew the head about halfway and slide the bleeders down so they are loose in the bh. Most of the time a little pressure to the back of the bleeder will get the blade at an angle and a little more pressure will free it up.  Occaisionally I have to use a pair of small pliers it I feel I am using too much pressure as I do not want to  slip and cut myself.  Getting them back in seems easier most of the time. Once you have done it a few times it is really no big deal.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline FrozenFew

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 01:03:00 PM »
Thanks fella's getting.. I did find the video after the fact, they make it seem so easy.  I got it with the needle nose pliers!  Thanks again!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©