3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Gun show surprise  (Read 356 times)

Online Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
Gun show surprise
« on: August 29, 2009, 03:51:00 PM »
Went to a local show, looking for an older man I ran into in Feb., who I bought a '62 Kodiak special from. Alas he wasn't there but in the racks of an anique dealer there was a '69 Bear Tigercat, left handed. Wanted $65 but took $50.
 Now for the fun part- I shoot right handed but my daughters boyfriend is a lefty-and has watched Rebecca and I shoot in the backyard. Imagine his surprise when I hand it to him and say "join us."
 The funny part is that after putting a fresh string on it I "had" to try it out before it blew in his face, right. Well beat me with a stick but dam- if I didn't start grouping at ten yards with a wrong handed bow. Will miracles never cease.
The essence of the hunt for me is to enter nature and observe+ return safely occasionally with the gift of a life taken.

Offline Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Gun show surprise
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 04:27:00 PM »
great find, nice of you to buy it for the LH boyfriend.

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 04:41:00 PM »
Tom, don't forget....I'm a lefty    :bigsmyl:

Offline Ringneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 04:58:00 PM »
Nice of you to pick up a bow for him. Oh, and as for your left hand shooting ...show off!    :campfire:   Keep it up and you can buy any pretty bow that comes up for sale RH or LH....I'm off to find a LH bow LOL!

Offline dragon rider

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 05:03:00 PM »
Tom,

Welcome to the world of the "right" handed.
Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons; people are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Online Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 06:13:00 PM »
Just got in from playing with the lefty and got to say its really cool to try something never before attempted. Don't know if I would go public with my shooting but maybe by next year I will be a switch hitter ( only with bows- mind you).
 Yes Allen I know you're lefty but this is only a 40#er, yours are a little to stiff for me so they're safe. Besides, I couldn't afford them.
 Just something new for my trad world experience, thought it'd be fun to share.
The essence of the hunt for me is to enter nature and observe+ return safely occasionally with the gift of a life taken.

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2009, 07:25:00 PM »
Have fun with it Tom. Maybe I can try it out in a couple weeks at the BOR shoot.

Online Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2009, 06:20:00 AM »
Absolutely Allen, it will be there for my balloon shoot-only lefty I have at this point but now people won't have the excuse not to give it a try.

Offline Bootstrap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2009, 06:35:00 AM »
i wish i had that kind of luck.  I would love to find an older bear for that price.

Offline Oregon Okie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2009, 10:33:00 AM »
Nice find. I'm on the lookout for those lefty deals too. If you get mad at that boyfriend just let me know.
"Don't believe everything you think" - bumper sticker

"Savage Blaster" - 50@31 - 63" (recurve I made with Steve Savage)
Firefly TD longbow - 50@31 - 63"
7 Lakes double shelf from a blank - 45@31 - 66"
Trident ILF w Blackmax carbons - 42@31

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©