3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Who's old school around here?  (Read 790 times)

Offline dragon rider

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Who's old school around here?
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2009, 02:46:00 PM »
KPaul - You're absolutely right - gravity remains a law, not a guideline, whether we like it or not.
Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons; people are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline GMMAT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2009, 03:26:00 PM »
The words "old school" or the word "traditional" for that matter both are very subjective.  
Well stated.

If someone wants to revert to "old school" in NC.....I'd tell them to find spots more indicative of the herd numbers of "old".  Our herd is nearly 500% stronger than it was less than 30yrs ago.

I hunt with traditional tackle to up the challenge.  Hunting in those conditions was a challenge, on its' own merits.

I grew up in very rural NC.....and saw less than 5 deer, before I graduated from college.  Today.....I'll see that many on more than 30% of my sits (one sitting), this fall.

Offline Liquid Amber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2009, 08:06:00 PM »
Some really good posts here.  Don't take me too seriously about my earlier comments.

George and I are close to the same age but I'm better looking and he is more "old school" and the better stump shooter.   :)

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm ready to watch a sunrise from an elevated position.   :)

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2009, 08:55:00 PM »
Me too!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©