3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Dalaa riser quivers  (Read 774 times)

Offline Naphtali

• Trad Bowhunter
Dalaa riser quivers
« on: April 01, 2007, 11:51:00 AM »
My LH Dalaa riser is having limbs made, so I rely on my memory. I seek a rigidly mounted bow (riser) quiver for it. Specifically, I want to avoid the ones that affix with straps. I have two limb sets and want to be able to change limbs without removing the quiver. Is this doable? If it is, please recommend riser quivers you use that will do the job.
It’s so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don’t say it. Sam Levinson

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Dalaa riser quivers
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 11:57:00 AM »
David recommends the Alpine Soft-loc. You'll need a quiver bracket
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline ROB TAYLOR

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 12:03:00 PM »
Don't the Dalaas have AMO holes on the side of the riser, Dave?  If so, any "regular" bow quiver would mount, right?
-Rob
>>>--TGMM-Family of the Bow--->

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 12:08:00 PM »
Nope. Same holes as in the Master risers. Not one of my favorite things about them
TGMM Family of the Bow

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 12:19:00 PM »
The holes that come on the Dalaa don't match the Alpine Soft-loc quiver.  You need the "A" bracket.  Not everyone at 3 Rivers knows that, although they may know it now, as they said I wouldn't need any additional bracket when I ordered the bow.  There is also a "B" bracket, so be sure you get the right bracket for whatever it is you want to mount.  There is a particular person at 3 Rivers who works directly with DAS, and can correctly answer your questions, but unfortunately I don't remember his name, but if you ask for the Dalaa expert, they probably know who it is.

The Alpine Soft-loc is a good quiver, and can be used on a number of bows if you order extra mounting brackets (not the "A" bracket, but the soft-loc bracket that comes with the quiver).  However, it was confusing to me when I first mounted it, because it kept popping out of the soft-locs when I reloaded my arrows.  I found that by moving the quiver up in its mounting brackets as far as it would go, I got better clearance and also it didn't pop out anymore when I reloaded.  But then it began creeping down in the soft-locs as I shot.  So I wound some electrical tape around the bars above the soft-locs, which keeps it from sliding down.

This seems like a lot of trouble to go to for a quiver, but I have a lot of bows with a lot of quivers, and the Alpine is probably the quietest of the bunch, so I'm pretty happy with it.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline ROB TAYLOR

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 12:29:00 PM »
Oh really?....Shows what I know.  Dunno where I got that idea.  I'd like to see that one both the Gen II and the Dalaa since the Gen I window holes went away....sure would be handy to have AMO holes there.
-Rob
>>>--TGMM-Family of the Bow--->

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 12:34:00 PM »
I agree whole heartedly.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2007, 06:03:00 PM »
Drill & tap them in.  Then you can have any hole spacing you want...Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2007, 07:09:00 PM »
The problem with just drilling and tapping them in, other than the obvious one of permanently altering the riser, is that you better be pretty darn sure of where you want the bow quiver.  The "A" bracket, annoying as it is, offers you a variety of different possible positions, and I had to do a little head scratching before I picked the one I think I want.  And that may change.  Secondly, the quiver is not designed to fit flush against the riser, which the "A" bracket, again annoying as it is, accomodates.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline Naphtali

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2007, 07:20:00 PM »
tippit:

The difficulty with drilling and tapping the Dalaa is it voids the warranty.

I wonder if it's feasible to alter an otherwise satisfactory bow quiver to fit the AMO holes Mr. Taylor mentioned?
It’s so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don’t say it. Sam Levinson

Offline Tree man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2007, 07:27:00 PM »
The problem with bowquivers is....

mightily they doth suck.

I shan't return to those balance killing, noise making, linespoiling abominations.( I know Papa Bear invented them but still the bowquiver  doth suck the hairy moose lips.)

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2007, 07:30:00 PM »
OK, You should be able to re-drill holes in other quiver bracket to fit the Dalaa.  You can even drill thru the stem arm of the quiver and froget the bracket altogehter.  You would have to unscrew the quiver but it would be attached more firmly and probably less vibration.
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2007, 07:35:00 PM »
As to warranty what is going to go wrong with a metal riser?  Certainly one extra hole isn't going to weaken the riser.  I would think you have a pretty strong case if it feel apart and they said it was metal failure due to a hole?  I'll alter any bow I have to make it the way I want it...Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©