3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Lace up Leather handle  (Read 169 times)

Offline Davo

• Trad Bowhunter
Lace up Leather handle
« on: August 31, 2009, 03:04:00 AM »
I have a new bow on the way.  I wanted the obtion of adding a laced up leather grip but so far i have only found self adhesive models.  Any suggestions?
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."  The Duke

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Lace up Leather handle
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 06:41:00 AM »
My suggestion would be to PM me your address and color preference and I'll send you a few pieces.   :)  

I have a whole mess of thin deer leather that's perfect for a grip.  Also some goat, calf, elk and regular old cow.

There are a few build alongs in the how-to section and there are a few people who can talk you through some more complicated wraps as well.
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Lace up Leather handle
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 07:10:00 AM »
go to an upholstry shop that reupholsters furniture. im sure they have scrap leather there for you to choose from, and make them an offer i scored a bunch of upholstry grade leather enough to make dozens of handles. some ofe the leather i have passed on to freinds here at tg for thier bows as well
" you have done well to keep your hair when so many are after it"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©