3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: anchor point  (Read 550 times)

Offline Ian johnson

• Trad Bowhunter
anchor point
« on: April 01, 2007, 12:24:00 PM »
for the past few years I shot bows that were just a little heavy for me, this mistake made me release arrows before I pulled back to my cheek, I have a new recurve that is the right pondage, but I find that when I pull all the way back, my arrows go all over the place, but if I release about 1 1/2in before I get to my cheek that my arrows are much more accurate, should I keep shooting this way or train my self to shoot well at full draw?
ARTAC member
53@29 sheepeater shaman recurve
52@29 66 bear grizzly
51@29 dryad orion td longbow

Offline Ian johnson

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: anchor point
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 01:24:00 PM »
ttt
ARTAC member
52@29 66 bear grizzly

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 01:33:00 PM »
I think you just need to retrain yourself alittle.I find coming all the way back and coming to a full anchor will work out better in the long run.You will be more consistent and you would be suprised how much speed and power you will lose by short drawing even a little.I would also make sure your arrows are tuned good for you,that extra 1&1/2 draw will change your arrow spine.As you said you were overbowed and old habits can be hard to change from what you were doing before.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 01:34:00 PM »
He's what i do Ian.I shoot three fingers under and I draw back to the corner of my mouth with my middle finger. As soon as my middle finger hits the corner of my I release.Try to imagine a flower opening in fast foward like an explosion thats the way I try to make my fingers act .If you can understand that.If you can reach a constantanchor and make a quick clean release your groups should improve. Oh and try to pick a very small spot on your target or make a mark a piece of tape or a leaf etc etc and try to consistently hit it.Let me know how you make out.

Offline Ian johnson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 01:36:00 PM »
thanks, I also shoot 3under
ARTAC member
52@29 66 bear grizzly

Offline Ian johnson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 02:16:00 PM »
I pulled all the way back till my middle finger hit the corner of my mouth, wow!, arrow speed picked up and I hit a small flower pot across the yard at 20 yards just a few minutes ago!, a shot that I rarely can make, I hit it 3 times in a row!!!
ARTAC member
52@29 66 bear grizzly

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©