3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ohio hunt  (Read 230 times)

Offline rbass

• Trad Bowhunter
ohio hunt
« on: August 31, 2009, 07:47:00 PM »
Does anyone out there have any info on hunting in the Zaleski State Forest in Ohio?? Not really looking for a secret area. From what I have gathered the forest is huge, just looking for someone to point me in the right direction.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks ahead of time

Offline DEERDOG

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: ohio hunt
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 10:15:00 PM »
Im curious if anyone on here can help also. Bump
"Go afield with a good attitude, respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience.It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person."

Fred Bear

Offline cavscout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 10:49:00 PM »
I have been to Zaleski, and it is a big area. Go to the main office when you get there and get a free map of the area. Dont believe the strorys about the boar, they are there but I never have seen any and the only ones ever killed were during deer gun season. Bow hunting might be ok , but the place is polluted with hunters during gun season as is all the national forest areas here in ohio. I am 3 hours north of there and have plenty of deer so I dont hunt there but I was there camping and the area is really nice for just enjoying the outdoors and there are roads to grt you around the whole area. HOPE LAKE has primative camping or cabins and is right there in the national forest. Hope this helps you fellas and good luck.

Offline cavscout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 10:52:00 PM »
OH the ohio dnr website has a ton of info on the zaleski area also if you havent alreadt tried it

Offline Buckeye Trad Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 12:36:00 AM »
Believe the stories about the boar! They are there, just hard to hunt and very woods wise.  That's why most are killed during gun season.  The ranch they escaped from borders the forest.

Offline DEERDOG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 12:38:00 PM »
Oh boy I would like to shhot a pig as a bonus!!
"Go afield with a good attitude, respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience.It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person."

Fred Bear

Offline rbass

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 08:12:00 PM »
So there are boars in Zaleski?? What about Deer, Can anyone shed any light on what type of terrain is in the area?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©