3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: elk down  (Read 2107 times)

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: elk down
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2009, 08:37:00 AM »
Ahhhh I can almost smell the air!
Got wood? - Tom

Offline northener

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2009, 08:48:00 AM »
This is just what this flatlander needs to see and hear, really gets my motor going. Fall is in the air, nothing better!!

Really gets me thinking of going out to Colorado elk hunting again, and again!!
Intellectuals solve problem, geniuses prevent them

Offline BEN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2009, 09:01:00 AM »
Nice looking country!!!
But.....how come you seem to be the only one at camp during daylight hours?  Late sleeper?  :bigsmyl:  

Can't wait to go...........  :campfire:
Ben
M.O.A.B  54# Thunderstick
Ancient Spirits 62# "Thunderhawk"
Browning Wasp 45#

"VEGETARIAN"----Old Indian word for "BAD HUNTER".

Offline bohuntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2009, 09:31:00 AM »
Very cool!!! Waiting for more pics and the rest of the story!  :coffee:
To me, the ultimate challenge in bowhunting is not how far away you can succesfully make a killing shot but rather how close you can get to the animal before shooting.

Offline bloodyarrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2009, 10:53:00 AM »
:campfire:    :coffee:
Hunting The Way of My Ancestors
(The Traditional Way)

Eddie

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2009, 11:05:00 AM »
well....uhhhhhh.....somebody has to keep an eye on camp ben...  :bigsmyl:  ...i'm not tellin ya how big bucksters bull is...ya have to wait for the pics
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2009, 11:07:00 AM »
BEN,

I'm here brother if you need someone to drive you to that terrible country. I'll even drive my truck and pay for gas.  :scared:  or I can be your arrow caddy if you wish.  :bigsmyl:  

Mike
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2009, 11:14:00 AM »
this area by the way is where the tradgang 2010 elk hunt is going to be.elk all over the place...swattin em off your legs as you walk through the pines.   :readit:
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline slivrslingr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2009, 01:39:00 PM »
Nice work Larry!  Too bad on the misses, oh well, good thing you're going back!  I'm still hoping to join you next year, though I'm going to have to save more $$ since the fees went up.  Can't wait to see the rest of the photos!   :campfire:

Offline jcar315

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2009, 02:04:00 PM »
Great pics!! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see the bull pics.
Proud Dad to two awesome Kids and a very passionate pig hunter.

Right handed but left eye dominant.

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM  Family of the Bow"

Offline Talondale

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2009, 02:08:00 PM »
In that last picture is that fire damage or beetle kills that's making those pines brown?  Beautiful area though.  Any trout in that stream?

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2009, 03:04:00 PM »
thats all fire damage...there are small trout...delintment lake has good fishing in it,i've caught 18" trout there

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2009, 03:23:00 PM »
i feel the need to relay this part of the hunt to my fellow tradgangers...when michele,myself and her son kyle first got to burns on thursday we set up camp at the creek area in pics...friday a couple of compound hunters drove into our camp and started complaining that they had three tree stands hung up in the area and we were ruining the hunting for several people.i talked it over with michele and we decided to move camp up the hill just to be fair as they had stands allready in place when we had arrived...we moved camp...the guys fell two trees across the road after we left and even bought a no hunting or tresspassing sign and posted it on the road...unreal for sure...on my way home i stopped at the usfs office and turned his ass in...hope he learns from this experience

Offline jcar315

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2009, 04:45:00 PM »
Not to be too dumb but this is public land right? WOW!!! Does this sort of thing happen often in the West? Here in the East where I am I don't even bother with the public land.
Proud Dad to two awesome Kids and a very passionate pig hunter.

Right handed but left eye dominant.

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM  Family of the Bow"

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2009, 04:56:00 PM »
Well, I got the OK from both the bosses and I'll be joining Larry the 19th-21st for the next leg of this adventure. I am looking to take my first big game ever and this sounds like it might be a good opportunity for that too happen. I'll be taking my own camera so, there will be more pics to follow and hopefully some elk pics too boot.
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Offline robslifts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2009, 04:59:00 PM »
wow what a bunch of a!@#$%^s you did the right thing on turning them in
St. Joe River Bows

Offline elknut1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2009, 05:21:00 PM »
Elkherder, congrats on your hunts! That's awesome you guys have one down! Great photos too!

ElkNut1

Offline BEN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2009, 05:37:00 PM »
That's a good excuse, Larry.....someone has to clean up and cook, right  :goldtooth:
Ben
M.O.A.B  54# Thunderstick
Ancient Spirits 62# "Thunderhawk"
Browning Wasp 45#

"VEGETARIAN"----Old Indian word for "BAD HUNTER".

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2009, 06:56:00 PM »
why the hell you think yer coming cookie...i mean ben....  :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2009, 07:07:00 PM »
this type of thing happens more than people here even know...i was camped in the same spot 3 years ago and this three rig caravan comes rollin in...this drunk fool gets out of his truck claiming to be the land owners bestus buddy and he camped in this spot every season and i had 30 minutes to clear out or get arrested for tresspass...i laughed at him and told him it was national forest land and i'd like his buddies phone number.he just stood there staring at me all red faced and says...i'll kick yer ass if ya dont beat it to which i replied ya better have yer woman there make ya a couple sandwitchs cause its gonna take ya a while....they left...  :biglaugh:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©