3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: elk down  (Read 2105 times)

Offline Chortdraw

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: elk down
« Reply #80 on: September 04, 2009, 10:45:00 PM »
Going to set up camp this coming Tuesday and get ready for the 11th to chase those Elk around the mountain. Finally got drawn after several years and now to put my newie recurve to the test. Supposed to be it the 70's so it will be warm for the hunt and fast for the processing if we get lucky. Want a nice young cow so you can cut it with a fork!! Also saw a lot of squirrels this year. Good luck to all on the upcoming hunts.
    Chort

Offline Canyon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2009, 12:12:00 AM »
This is great warm-up for my own hunt and I can't wait for the pictures. I had planned a run up that way to walk those woods if AZ hadn't come thru this year.
Chort what Unit ya in. I'll be in 8 looking for a Birthday Bull on 9/11.
A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight;nothing he cares about more than his own personal safety;is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free,unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2009, 12:15:00 AM »
mmmmmmmm.....cow meats better'n no meat....good luck you lucky dog hunt'n in arizona is on my to do list
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline BEN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2009, 07:57:00 AM »
Mike and L.B.ben:  good luck to you both! Can't wait to see pics!!! "We even share our beer together"------now that's a friend!  :readit:    :campfire:
Ben
M.O.A.B  54# Thunderstick
Ancient Spirits 62# "Thunderhawk"
Browning Wasp 45#

"VEGETARIAN"----Old Indian word for "BAD HUNTER".

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2009, 08:40:00 AM »
Bjorn,  I don't ever want to run in to the fella standing next to the father on the left of that pic and the little feller to the far right either...I bet they would make a good tag team in a wrestlin match...If they ever made it to prison I hope they ain't made parole yet!  :biglaugh:

Offline Chortdraw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2009, 12:05:00 PM »
Canyon, I will be across the street from ya in 6b. Our camp is quite close to the 8 border not far from the volunteer canyon overlook. Have a (young) cow tag,I hope,I hope, I hope!!! Went there on Wed. and did some scouting but didn't see much except deer and tree rats and a Sheep Herder.

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2009, 04:37:00 PM »
went on a short 2 day hunt with momma and her son...i have wanted too try the 3 sisters wilderness area out for a while so thats where we went...found a nice camping spot right next to an elk farm   :readit:  last night i went up a walk in only trail and wow did i have action right off the bat...i jumped a nice 4x4 muley less than 100 yds up the trail...off he ran...kept going up the trail looking for sign...less than 100 more yds an absolute hog of a buck stepped out in the trail broadside but to far away....easily a book buck...180 class minimum...i was trembling like i havent done in years....went back to camp and it started pouring down rain...momma was pissed and wanted to go home....talked her into one more morning hunt and if it was still raining we'd go home...i left camp this morning an hour before light and hiked into the wilderness...i was back in the timber sprinkled with small meadows when it turned light.i started cow calling and walking slowly up the trail...i had gone perhaps 1/2 a mile when i heard a bugle down in the canyon below me.i checked my wind...good...started down the draw and calling occasionally...looking down the draw i spotted this nice 300+ bull coming up to my calling...he came straight to me like he was on a rope...then poof...turns and runs off...winded...arghhhhhhhh   :banghead:    "[dntthnk]"  post some pics in a bit....had to come home at 9am cause of the damn rain
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2009, 05:04:00 PM »

pics of three sisters wilderness and elk farm that i so wanted to hunt in....my camera is not strong enough to show elk i assume were there somewhere but to far away to see without binocs but it was raining so i didnt bother..notice the high fence required to keep them in

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2009, 05:06:00 PM »

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: September 06, 2009, 05:07:00 PM »

area we camped in

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2009, 05:09:00 PM »

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: September 06, 2009, 05:11:00 PM »

momma was mad as a wet hen

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: September 06, 2009, 05:13:00 PM »

this is a deep canyon thats 300 feet below the span

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: September 06, 2009, 05:15:00 PM »

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: September 06, 2009, 05:17:00 PM »

there were two muley does in this area...how they get in and out is anybodies guess

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: September 06, 2009, 05:20:00 PM »

three sisters wilderness is behind this elk farm

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: September 06, 2009, 05:25:00 PM »

this is a very elky area you might say...lol...wilderness area is up by the snow....brrrrrrr

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: September 06, 2009, 05:28:00 PM »
overall from what i saw of this area in less than 24 hours i'd say its pretty hot for elk hunting...anyone thats hunted the sisters chime in and fill me in on the good areas   :pray:

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: September 06, 2009, 08:39:00 PM »
Looks awesome Larry.
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline BEN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: September 06, 2009, 09:54:00 PM »
Great pics, as usual!1
Ben
M.O.A.B  54# Thunderstick
Ancient Spirits 62# "Thunderhawk"
Browning Wasp 45#

"VEGETARIAN"----Old Indian word for "BAD HUNTER".

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©