3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: QUESTION FOR WING BOW SHOOTERS/OWNERS  (Read 289 times)

Offline jrbows

• Trad Bowhunter
QUESTION FOR WING BOW SHOOTERS/OWNERS
« on: September 02, 2009, 09:15:00 PM »
I handled and drew an older wing bow at the denton hill blanket swap this year,it was solid black 60# and 62" I think, some of you guys may have seen the guy that had it ,it was in a wagon full of bows close to the tents the same gentleman also had 2-70# howatts in the wagon,ANYWAY,when I drew the bow I could feel the limbs working,I passed on it because of some stress lines,do the wing bows that you guys have have the same feel to the limbs when they're drawn? I own over 20 bows and am used to just feeling the resistance during draw not something that feels like rollover or like it's actually working, can't say I didn't like it it was just different,one last thing is there any hand-shock or noticeable extra vibration in these bows,THANKS in advance for your input and letting me ramble.
SAVE A STUMP SHOOT A DEER

Offline koger

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: QUESTION FOR WING BOW SHOOTERS/OWNERS
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 09:35:00 PM »
I have a Wing Slim line Pro, and it is sweeet! It pulls #47@28, marked #45. Shoot off the shelf and it is a near twin to a BW PTF. The limbs are working, smooth, no stack on mine. Have you ever shot a Quinn recurve. They are about the smoothest one I have ever shot, I have 3 different ones, smoother than my BW's, no stack.
Mine has no hand shock, I shoot it off the shelf and do well out to 25 yards. I cant shoot good enought to hunt with it after that because it is so light. Hope this helps. Sam.
samuel koger

Offline jrbows

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: QUESTION FOR WING BOW SHOOTERS/OWNERS
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 09:51:00 PM »
No I haven't shot a Quinn or a wing for that matter the wings' draw just felt so unique that I had to ask some people that would know about it and where better? THANKS
SAVE A STUMP SHOOT A DEER

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©