3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: DAY ONE WOOL???  (Read 339 times)

Offline ThomastaylorIII

• Trad Bowhunter
DAY ONE WOOL???
« on: September 07, 2009, 03:20:00 AM »
Im looking at buying the DayOne Parka, pants, and backpack in uninsulated ASAT Wool. Anybody have any of this and if so what do you think?

I have read alot of bad stuff about dayone but i really like the look of their wool. I am so hesitant to order from them but i will have to talk tomorrow and see what he says about what he has in stock.

Does this guy not realize the he only gets about 1/4th the business that he could get if he held true on his word and had good customer service?

So i guess my queston is really should i trust dayone to provide my gear for this year? (is he just really busy, a liar, or just a slow worker?)

And if so what do you think about their uninsulated wool and its warming abilities?

Thanks
Thomas
Only forgiveness will finally end this,
There won't be a witness if we both fall, Theres never a hero in a battle of evil, there's never a winner of the quick draw.

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: DAY ONE WOOL???
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 09:19:00 AM »
I've had nothing but good experiences with Gary. But I order early in the year. Late winter/early spring when he's not so busy.

I would think that ordering this time of year might result in a longer delivery time. Gary is a hunter just like us, and I'm sure he is also overwhelmed with orders this time of year.
"In the joy of hunting is intimately woven the love of the great outdoors. The beauty of woods, valleys, mountains, and skies feeds the soul of the sportsman where the quest of game only whets his appetite." ~ Saxton Pope

Offline Bowmania

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 10:10:00 AM »
Funny!!!  I never heard anything but good about Gary's service and products.  I have a friend in SD that got the wool jacket and is very happy with it.  I think he had the liner.

Bowmania
I'm not putting up with this guys shit and dogging me.

Offline jcar315

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 11:23:00 AM »
My personal 1st hand experience is that when I was promised a parka for a big out of state trip it didn't show up until about 6 weeks after I came back from the trip.

Lots of Day One threads here. All seem to have the same flavor.......
Proud Dad to two awesome Kids and a very passionate pig hunter.

Right handed but left eye dominant.

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM  Family of the Bow"

Offline ThomastaylorIII

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 12:03:00 PM »
See, the above is what i read more and more of the more research i do. I would hurt someone over 500$ worth of clothing for a out of state trip that never showed up. I cant stand for people to simply lie and not hold their end of the bargin....
There won't be a witness if we both fall, Theres never a hero in a battle of evil, there's never a winner of the quick draw.

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 01:07:00 PM »
I have the Day One uninsulated wool and the light fleece. I love both.
I like my Day One ASAT wool outfit more than my Grey Wolf and KOM.

I have nothing but good things to say about Gary. He's always been upfront with me on if things were delayed or not.

I don't know if you can order something custom so close to the season and expect it ASAP. That's another issue.

I suggest ordering any custom camo in the Spring or Winter, because of time.

Offline kevgsp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 01:12:00 PM »
Ordered parka and bibs in insulated wool with wind stop.

Arrived within 1 week of expected, garments are fantastic.

But...I did not order in sept. I ordered last spring.

I will order from gary again for sure.

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2009, 02:26:00 PM »
I hunt with a lot of different wool KOM, Gray Wolf, and Sleeping Indian...my favorite single piece of all is my Day One ASAT pull over.  I've never had a problem with Gary...but I always order way early.  Getting something now is hit or miss from most suppliers!  Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline Dave Pagel

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009, 02:31:00 PM »
I have had good experiences with Day One also, but I make sure I order early.  This time of the year everyone has a special hunt they are going on and it is tough to meet a large number of special requests.  I really like Day One wool and plan on continuing to use it for my cold weather stand hunting.

Dave

Offline ThomastaylorIII

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2009, 03:43:00 PM »
im going to talk to him and see what he says, thanks for all the help guys!

Offline 2wfstlhunting

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2009, 06:00:00 PM »
I love my Day One wool ASAT:pants, vest, parka.  I had some small trouble getting the size of the coat just right but mail order things and how they fit over other stuff, etc is always a complicating factor.  Gary is very good to work with and very honorable about things.  I have worn my ASAT fleece pants/jacket for over 10 years, and take my lined wool ASAT vest everywhere I worry about being cold.  IF there is anything negative that you might have heard about D O it is surely not about the quality of the product.  I will definately buy more if/when I need it.

Steve
Leon Stewart Deflex/Reflex Mahogany and bamboo 62" 53#@27.5"
Leon Stewart Deflex/Reflex curly maple, birdseye maple and Osage riser 53#@ 28"
Blacktail 62" longbow takedown 53#/57# B & W ebony
Harvey Crowned Eagle longbow  62"  49#

Offline Joe Russell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2009, 08:53:00 PM »
I love Day one stuff, I ordered some stuff about a month ago and Gary told me 3 weeks and thats when it arrived.

Offline BD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2009, 09:35:00 PM »
I love my day one wool! I have the parka w/ windstop and 2 sets of bibs-1 w wind stop and one insulated w/ wind stop. My experience has been that Gary's customer service is not great, but eventually i always get what I order and am very satisfied in the end. My experience is that he is also extremely slow in filling orders and needs reminders to keep him on  track at times.
BD

Offline kadbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2009, 01:03:00 AM »
I picked up a wool jacket and pants this summer, haven't tried it yet but it looks great.
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Grand Mesa Bowmen
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©