3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Double Bull Blind - H E L P !!  (Read 449 times)

Offline Rollie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Double Bull Blind - H E L P !!
« on: September 07, 2009, 04:17:00 PM »
I have had this BS5 model for 7 or 8 years now and love it. Goes up in seconds........ untill today. Had my dad take it down for me this past spring ,I know probably was not a good idea  :(  ,not sure what he did ,or if he took it down wrong, some how it got wrapped in itself? i think?? 45 miniutes of trying to figure out what is wrong but i cannot set it up  :banghead:  , any advice? Would i be able to slid out some rods to try and untangle things then slide them back in maybee? Anyone ever have anything like this happen to them?
i-am-n

Offline limbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Double Bull Blind - H E L P !!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 04:25:00 PM »
This happened to me as well about 6 years ago. I ended up sending it back to Double Bull and they fixed it. Seems silly, but I was happy for there assistance.
Kevin Osworth
->>>--TGMM Family of the Bow-->

Offline turkey522

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 05:14:00 PM »
You may give them a call,they may be able help with out mailing it.Good luck

Terry

Offline Rollie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 06:24:00 PM »
Yeah, I will probably end up calling, but it's like i am almost there. Rain stopped i will give it another go. Seems so darn simple like i am missing something. Grrrrrr.
i-am-n

Offline limbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 07:11:00 PM »
It is the Rubik's cube of hunting blinds for sure    :banghead:
Kevin Osworth
->>>--TGMM Family of the Bow-->

Offline EricW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 09:00:00 PM »
A guy we were hunting with this last spring had something like that happen. Ended up taking the rods out of 2 sides to get it back. He had one rod pop out that caused his problem. It is a little bit of a puzzle but with a little patience it can be done.

Offline JPE

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 07:05:00 PM »
Make sure your hubs are not tangled. That would result in not going up and possibaly a broken rod. Jim

Offline DC

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 07:41:00 PM »
You want the top in the center and all sides fold in around it. Maybe if you can pop the top up you can get the sides back in order. It's a big blind and you have to get it squared up.

Offline Earl E. Nov...mber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 10:40:00 PM »
Last I looked there was a really good video on their web site,, better than the instructions I got with mine.
Many have died for my freedom.
One has died for my soul.

Offline luv2bowhunt

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2009, 11:48:00 PM »
I have had to fix a couple hub blinds that this has happened too... including a double bull matrix. You can take the cover off of the hubs and remove the poles off of one or two of the hubs that are tangled. Then you can sort out the mess and put the poles back in place.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God."

Fred Bear

Offline acolobowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2009, 04:41:00 PM »
Had that happen one time, I bowed a couple of the rods enough to get out of the sewed pockets at the end of the rods.  Got things straightened out and then put them back in.  All the while I was doing this, as I later found out.  There were several turkeys behind me watching.  Boy that just added gas to the fire.

Now, I mark the first hub I want to pop open with a magic marker.  Seems there is always one hub that opens easier and makes the whole process easier.  I had one blind that didn't matter it was hard to set up.  I sent it back and called them.  Told them to send me another blind, but first make sure it set up easy.  They sent me another one within a couple days.  It was fine.  Very good customer service - understand the company has sold, so can't say what it is like now.  They also gave me a couple extra rods, extra netting and stuff bag for free.

Offline Rollie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2009, 07:45:00 PM »
G O T     I T  !!!
Thanks guys for all your responces, finally calmed down , took it out of the woods to the back yard this afternoon. After a few trys, figured out that when dad took it down he must have had the door zipped down, and one set of the rods must have gone through the door when it folded up (make sense?). I dont think i could have done that on purpose if i wanted to,strange. I ended up sliding out a couple of the rods like "acolcbowhunter" suggested,and running that section of the blind back through the door and "BANG" back to normal.
 C O O L !!  Thanks again!  :bigsmyl:    :bigsmyl:
i-am-n

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©