3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Of New Zealand Mountains & Alpine medows  (Read 4011 times)

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Of New Zealand Mountains & Alpine medows
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2007, 07:05:00 AM »
That last hare looks like a danged kangaroo! Would give our jacks here a run for their money for sure.

I meant to mention your arrows too...beauts!
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Doug Campbell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2007, 08:00:00 AM »
Great stuff Alan hate I'm gonna miss the rest for now. Headed out for a few weeks of fun in the sun. Glad you had a good trip and good shootin too   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
Life is wonderful in Montana!!
"BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE. BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL."
ABS Journeyman Knifesmith

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2007, 09:18:00 AM »
JC........the hares over there are bigger than out jacks.......and man are some of them FLUFFY!!!

I saw two running side hill across a lake once, and I though they were deer at 1st.....they get big.

Hey!!!.....more pics!!!!!!!!!!
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline 9 Mile Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2007, 09:29:00 AM »
Yeah wow you could make a few meals out of one of those jack a roos they are monsters.  They don't have any real predators of rabbits over there do they? No snakes, native wild cats or coyotes.  Just big birds, do you have hawks? I  also forgot to complement you on the arrows, really nice I like the flash of blue a lot. One thing more photos please.
Andrew

Offline Joseph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2007, 03:23:00 PM »
Oh, I think it would be a lot of fun   :bigsmyl:  I will see if I can talk Dom into coming back also.  We could meet you and Kelly in Christchurch after you too have done the anniversery stuff and then all head to camp.  I don't think the girls would mind eating Lobster and I know Ashley would love to hunt Reds.  Joseph
"Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often and for the same reason"

Offline Budog56

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2007, 05:04:00 PM »
I agree with the the big jack we got some huge ones in nebraska but that one would be a lot harder on cars that seem to hit a lot of them and the coyotes wouldnt have a prayer   :knothead:  ......  :campfire:

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2007, 05:24:00 PM »
Morning here so I'll post this one as I'm heading off to work again today. Just carn't seam to shake the hunting feeling out of my system.

Here in this pic I could not go past having a swim here in this mountain stream. Anymore than say...3 minutes in, and your feet and hands would go numb! Kinda like eating chillie though, I had to go back in 4 more times to get the full deal on having a dip.

Note: the widow was always in arm's reach in case any critters wanting to meet there maker.

Still more to come.

al
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline beachbowhunter

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2007, 05:31:00 PM »
Tradgang Admin...please be on alert. This thread appears to be heading into Classic territory.  

HOOOBoy!
Ishi was a Californian                   :cool:

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2007, 05:49:00 PM »
yes al you got to watch the green stone that curly one is the same as i make in fact i would not be suprised if it was one of mine as used to sell to a lot of shops when i need some money but they dont give us what you payed for it i would be lucky to get $150 dollars for it it is a big ripp off  thats why i stoped makeing them for the shops and only do one or two every now and then. nice shot on the hare bro.   that water is like ice eh  enough to  freeze the balls of a brass monkey.  :biglaugh:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2007, 05:55:00 PM »
Hey Norbert, the guy I talked to this past weekend at his booth said it is only a 12 hour flight from the left coast.  :saywhat:   What year should that one be penciled in for?
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline beachbowhunter

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2007, 07:22:00 PM »
You're barking up the right tree Joe. My compound shooting buddies have been talking about next spring!!!!!!!
It would be a family affair, wives, kids, the whole schmear. You in?

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2007, 03:13:00 AM »
Hi jeff, yeh mate I thought as much. We were lucky to find a real nice lady that informed us on the Greenstone trade, what to look for and what to pay for it. She was a real help as one could fall into the tourist trap real easy. But that happens anywhere that you have people from another country walking your streets.

Oh and the water was a wee bit chillie! The guides thought we were a tad bit thick in the head to go swimming in that stream. It must have been an aussie thing...lol.

Well here I am being showen what New Zealand mountains look like from the "Get-go". We walked up to about 6000 feet and this is as high as I've been on foot in my life. We are walking accross the shale rock and the pic just fails to do the steepness of the country. I was told the lens puts its own twist on a shot but when I say it's steep... it's steep...  :readit:  

We had a good day spotting deer and looking for Chamois but we failed to see any worth a shot or in range for a stalk. On or way home (at about 4000 feet) I shot this goat for the table as practice on shooting extreme downhill shots for if, and when ,I get back to hunt Chamois and Thar.

Be back soon, for more fun.

al
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2007, 03:21:00 AM »
When I shot the goat it was a 1/4 away shot downhill and was picture purfect textbook shot. The arrow zipped clean through and again I showed the hunting guides just how clean a Traditional bow with well made and tuned arrows can kill. I know the shot was a killing shot but the pass through was cream on top.

Few times in one's life we really feel alive. This day I was alive. Tuned into the way of the mountains and feeling, as any true hunter should feel, at home in the mountains or woods with stick and string in close grasp.

Offline Joseph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2007, 05:03:00 AM »
That's cool! Joseph
"Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often and for the same reason"

Offline Ziggy/Oz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2007, 06:44:00 AM »
Al, looks like your shooting was "on fire" . . . Ziggy

Offline gwhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2007, 07:04:00 AM »
Chomp, Chomp, Chomp.  I'm eatin this up.  GIVE ME MORE!  Great arrows/pics/story.
Jesus died for us!  Following him brings us closer to God.  Think about it!

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2007, 07:36:00 AM »
Superb Al! Thanks for sharing the pics and story.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2007, 07:42:00 AM »
I know what you mean about the camera lens not showing the true steepness of the country.  But I can sure tell in that shot you are in some STEEP right there!  I bet you were standing there looking down and wondering how far you would roll if you happened to stumble!  :scared:
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2007, 08:17:00 AM »
yep, Al just look at your right shoe- that's got to be a 45 degree slope anyway. Its the skyline that makes you think it isn't steep cause the ridgeback is angled different than the slope you are standing on...just look at that rock line at your feet...Yikes! Sheep country for sure.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline beachbowhunter

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2007, 11:53:00 AM »
Wow, this is superb!  :thumbsup:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©