3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Still pluggin' piggies(kill pic)  (Read 1059 times)

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
Still pluggin' piggies(kill pic)
« on: April 02, 2007, 09:10:00 AM »
Well' I've been about as overloaded as one guy can get this year. No complaints on my end other than it's left little time to post here. I decided to take time this morning to hang out here for awhile. Here are a couple of pics from the last few days. I had a really great group of hunters in from Maryland and they invited me to stay in camp and share in their hunt. I gladly accepted since I find myself working for the hunters more these days than actually enjoying the sport for what I started all this for. Here is a pic of one of the Sows I shot. The first pic is before the shot as I snuck through the edge of the swamp on a date with destiny.

It was an exciting afternoon in the jungle. I found myself within shooting distance of three different groups of hogs and two singular boars. The mosquitos were as bad as I've seen them and my constant application of skeeter spray had me reeking of human smells. Unfortunate for me, the hogs didn't appreciate the smell of OFF. I did manage to shoot two pigs this one afternoon and two of my hunters also shot pigs this same afternoon. Here is a pic of the bigger sow.

I shot the pigs this weekend with my trusty Horne Brushbow. Specs are 58" 49#@28". I only draw about 26 1/2" but am still getting passthroughs on these larger hogs. This little bow is very effecient and casts my 600 grain arrows with authority. Thanks for looking. See ya in the woods! CK

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Still pluggin' piggies(kill pic)
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 09:12:00 AM »
Nice pig CK! A little different land then where you guys had the Sweat.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 09:15:00 AM »
Looks like you just pictured a coozie there right behind the elbow and ......viola! Great shot   :clapper:  

Beautiful looking spot bro, got any more pics of the land? Never seen nothing like that in Texas, cept maybe over by Louisiana...
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Fletch2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 09:16:00 AM »
Looks like fun.Good shooting

Offline madness522

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 09:25:00 AM »
Ah fresh bacon and sausage!  Nice to see you back.
Barry Clodfelter
TGMM Family of the Bow.

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 09:46:00 AM »
Coozie behind the shoulder JC? HeeeHeeeeeee! I just spewed coffee..... Forgot about shooting your beer and coozie. Luck shot fer sure! Yea, I lucked into a great shot on the sow. She was standing around doing nothing for a long time so I decided to move in. All of a sudden she decided she was going to move and move she did. She started walking really fast straight at me. She stopped and turned sideway at 10 yards and started rooting dirt. I was on my knees leaning over till I was almost touching the dirt with my chest. Once she turned just a little, I rose up and shot between some jungle greenry between the two of us. There was a really big boar that shadowed me grunting and growling every move I made after the shot. The sow must have been in heat because I've never seen a boar so aggressive. I was knee knocking worried in the tight jungle greenry. He was aggressive into 10 yards every time I tried to move the fallen sow. I'd drop the sow and grab an arrow and he'd run into the brush then reappear as I's start to move away. It was pretty dark when all this was happening and I was keeping a close eye on how many climbable trees were within stepping distance for me. Hog hunting always makes the blood boil. Sometime good and sometime scary good! Here's a pic going into the property. It is completely surrounded by gator infested swamp AND HOGS! See the ducks in the water ahead of us as we drove in. LOL! Thats a swamp! CK

Offline rabbitman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 09:56:00 AM »
Neat pics CK and congrats on the sow.  Looks like I'm going to need to bring a machete.  See you soon.  Also, I'll try not to forget your shopping bags.  :bigsmyl:

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 09:58:00 AM »
Lovin it CK.....What part of Florida ya huntin in

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 10:06:00 AM »
Yep...lucky shot...like the multiple "lucky" shots on the tennis ball, or the "lucky" shot on the empty .410 shell, or all the "lucky" shots on a tractor trailer full of game....yep, yer jest "lucky"     :saywhat:  

Certainly looks different than any Texas I've seen. What about a thermacell instead of spray for the bugs?
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2007, 10:13:00 AM »
that was MY thought too, JC...THERMACELL. We have skeeters here as bad as anywhere...and even stalking, the TC unit keeps them completely off of you unless the wind is up and moving...in which case you don't have skeeters on you anyway.

Try one CK, you will fall in love.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007, 10:28:00 AM »
Nice Piggy there Curtis. Tough life you have there just driving round Texas slayin pigs one after another! That place looks like Geawwga or Florida more than any of Texas I've seen. Happy huntin!
hunt it

Offline Deer Slayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2007, 11:30:00 AM »
Great pig CK!...Holy Cow!...is that the road to the place we hunted in Feb.!?? If so, man it must be raining like crazy down there! That barn looks aweful familiar. Man Curtis, I have been wanting to go back and hunt that area again from the moment I left and have thought about it everyday since! NO JOKE.  :(  

Mark

Offline KyleAllen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2007, 11:44:00 AM »
theres plenty of texas that looks like those pics boys.

Nice piggy btw.

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2007, 12:04:00 PM »
I wanna go I wanna go! Nice shot Curtis, and a neat looking place. Tippit, Vance and I are talking! Here piggy piggy.  :thumbsup:  

Brent

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2007, 09:34:00 PM »
:thumbsup:
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Big Sneaky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2007, 09:59:00 PM »
Nice story and pics.  Thanks for sharing.  Those oinkers sure are fun!
Always keep the wind in your face, and an arrow nocked.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2007, 10:25:00 PM »
:thumbsup:     :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline kojac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2007, 12:03:00 AM »
when I grow-up I want'ta hunt as much as CK!!  :archer:
Brian

"Hunting...is about the Sights, Sounds, Smells, and  the Hunted...All the hunter has to do is show up"

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2007, 05:48:00 AM »
Very cool bud,nice to see you getting a chance to hunt...Congrats    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2007, 07:04:00 AM »
Here I thought Texas was all dry and prickly...well those skeeters are anyway!  Great shot & story...Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©