3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: BLACK WIDOW shooters 1st always  (Read 456 times)

Offline chadt1

• Trad Bowhunter
BLACK WIDOW shooters 1st always
« on: September 09, 2009, 11:08:00 PM »
Just an observation every shoot i go to people shooting Black Widows are always in the top 3.Are these bows magical or do they just shoot that good.
This is just a discusion not meant to make people mad.  :bigsmyl:
Dixie Bowmen Archery Club Virginia Trophy Hunters
Blackwidow- PSAX Crossgrain 45@28
Fedora Xtrema- 45@28

Offline wollelybugger

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: BLACK WIDOW shooters 1st always
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 11:30:00 PM »
I am going to the IBO Traditional worlds Saturday so we'll see how they do.

Offline Scarne

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 11:33:00 PM »
Both...they are magical and they shoot very well.  Make no mistake...there are a lot of good bows out there.  I've shot my share.  For me it comes down to the handle.  I like the Asbell styled grip on my bow and it fits me.  It is hard to explain...but it just fits.  I don't have to fight or fidget to get into proper shooting form.

I've shot quieter bows, faster bows, and prettier bows...but not as well as my 58" PSA.  

Having said that there are some I haven't shot that I'd like to try.  Great Plains, Blacktail,  and Morrison come to mind.  A sleeper from Texas is one of Ron Foleys bows.  Darn nice for the money.
"A man is best judged by what he does when nobody else is watching."

Offline ThomastaylorIII

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 12:36:00 AM »
I agree completely with scarne... They shoot good in all aspects, but not the best in any one, however they shoot amazing when it is all combined together.

Won 5 tournaments this year so far with mine, gonna be six this weekend i hope.
Only forgiveness will finally end this,
There won't be a witness if we both fall, Theres never a hero in a battle of evil, there's never a winner of the quick draw.

Offline R H Clark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 12:45:00 AM »
I just lean mine against the stake and it shoots 10's all by it'self.

Offline ThomastaylorIII

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 12:57:00 AM »
I take it you got a widow randy, What kind did you end up with? You gonna be at brierfield?
There won't be a witness if we both fall, Theres never a hero in a battle of evil, there's never a winner of the quick draw.

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 07:24:00 AM »
Switched from a PMA to a PSA and my shooting improved on day one.  Everything just seems to fit.  Some days it feels like it shoots all by itself.  That being said, I'd love to try a Morrison.
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Offline frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 07:47:00 AM »
I'm a big supporter of Black Widow. I personally feel its the person  99.99% of the time. You don't need a black Widow to shoot a great score and come in 1st
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline R H Clark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2009, 08:58:00 AM »
No Thomas,I probably won't make Brierfield.We have our hands full with my new son.I just got a new PLX.

Frassettor,
I agree completly,just said it a little differently.

The Widow is a well made stable bow with enough mass weight to help a little.There are no magic bows,not even Widows.We would all be better served if we spent as much time learning how to shoot as looking for a perfect shooting bow.

Offline ThomastaylorIII

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009, 09:10:00 AM »
congrats on the new son man!

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2009, 02:22:00 PM »
I haven't found that to be the case in tournaments around here.  However, Widows are good shooting bows, no doubt.  They have been around a long time and there are a lot of them out there.  Thus, probability likely explains some of the results you see in your area, i.e., there's just more people shooting them than any other brand.  Or maybe it's just that the best shooters end up with Widows eventually.   :bigsmyl:

Offline SS Snuffer

• Trad Bowhunter
  • At home in White Oaks and swamps
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2009, 02:48:00 PM »
Bob Lees take everything around here!!
Chuck
Kodiak Mag 52" 41 lb.
Kota Kill-Um 60" 42 lb.
Kanati 58" 38 lb.
Black Hunter Longbow 60" 40 lb.

No Guts - No Story

Offline PastorSteveHill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2009, 02:56:00 PM »
My opinion is the Black Widows are awesome bows. They have plenty of weight, so they are more stable than some  others I've shot.  But it still comes down to the person.  A good shooter will out shoot anybody with whatever bow...

As for the IBO worlds, I'm betting someone shooting a Dakota Bow will win it.. Namely, Rick Welch.
Blessings,
Steve

Offline goodolboy94

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2009, 03:36:00 PM »
for 3d shoots around here its usually whatever bow im holding in my hand, jk its not magic its practice and its not the stick its the indian
every mourn brought forth a noble chance, and every chance brought forth a noble knight-wiston churchhill

Offline Jeff Strubberg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2009, 04:16:00 PM »
Sounds to me like you have quite a few Widow shooters in your area.
"Teach him horsemanship and archery, and teach him to despise all lies"          -Herodotus

Offline swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2009, 08:37:00 PM »
I've seen Toby sprinkle magic pixie dust on them and say some kind of chant over them before they ship them out to their customers.  :)
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Offline ThomastaylorIII

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2009, 10:24:00 PM »
I belive it lol!

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2009, 10:38:00 PM »
Well, I'm predominately a longbow shooter myself. I have some custom made bows and shoot them pretty well. Even have some recurves that I was shooting better than my longbows. But, all that changed when I picked up a 62" PLII from off the classifieds from a most generous gentleman named Denny Kleiman. I shoot this bow better than any bow I've picked up to date. It is a nail driver and one of the most smoothest pulling longbows I've ever shot.

I am about to unload some excess bows so that I can get me a brand new PL that is a little heavier for elk hunting. I don't know what they do at Black Widow but, I hope it never changes!   :thumbsup:
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Offline Otto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2009, 10:42:00 PM »
I own 6 Widders.

I ain't never won squat.
Otto

Offline artifaker1

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2009, 12:01:00 AM »
I just picked up a 2006 PLII  60@28 64" from RMSG and I have to say that my experience was just like wannabe1's. Black Widow makes one fine LongBow. I immediately moved it to my leading hunting bow for Elk this season, with no hesitation, and only a week till the hunt.
I have several of their recurves and I shoot them very well. And I have a Morrison ILF and I still don't shoot the Morrison as well as the widows but I'm getting it figured out. Their both great bows, with the Morrison being very light in weight and a little faster if you can believe that.
And on the lighter side the widows have a neat bark that the Ladies seem to like and the men wheel bow shooters are jealous of .
Love is fleeting; stone tools are forever

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©