3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: finger blister problem  (Read 505 times)

Offline shootrmn

• Trad Bowhunter
finger blister problem
« on: April 02, 2007, 12:48:00 PM »
HELP!!!! I am continually getting a very sore blister on the inside of my first finger of my shooting hand. I use a berlin style glove and don't notice the pain until after I release. I have been watching to make sure my elbow is not to high and have had others check that also. My bow is a 64" long bow so I don't thin it's finger pinch but who knows. Should I try to put a can't pinch spacer on my glove or just go to a tab? I like the dexterity of the glove for handling arrows but think I could learn new things. I have good leather for a tab if someone could suggest a pattern. Please help as my finger is to sore to shoot. OH..... it has only been happening for about a month.
shootrmn
Practicing the Dicipline of Steel
Given by the Gods and honed by my father.

Offline PICKNGRIN

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: finger blister problem
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 01:00:00 PM »
I had a problem with this and changed my nocking point to nock below the arrow.  I was using clamp on nocks and they put extra pressure on my index finger.  It helped for me.

Offline Dan Worden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 01:16:00 PM »
A tab with a spacer helped me.

Offline Cutty47

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 02:25:00 PM »
Good tip to change to nock below the arrow...I've had that problem too...so bad that I messed up my form for a while, by trying to keep my elbow too low...

I was forced to switch to three under...or wrap my finger with duct tape...lol...

Offline macbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 02:33:00 PM »
I used to have a lot of trouble with that. It was pinching against the arrow nock.
I went to a glove with thicker side leather. Before that I added a can't pinch to my glove and it helped a lot.
Ron
United Bowhunters of Mo
Comptons
PBS
NRA
VET
"A man shares his Buffalo". Ed Pitchkites

Offline bearfootin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 04:18:00 PM »
I went from split finger to 3 under(had to lower the nock point about 1/4"), also tied my nock points, one above and one below the arrow, instead of using the brass nocks. I found that the 3 under also helped to put the arrow more in line with my dominant eye.   Lloyd
GIT -R- DONE

Offline ringo64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2007, 06:23:00 PM »
in my opinion, that means that your elbow might be too high.  try to pull more in line if you think that might help.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©